Need your help again, sorry. Another tenant. - Posted by Corine

Why would you say that? - Posted by corine

Posted by corine on July 11, 2008 at 15:45:05:

Naturally, it’s a very a-- h—remark. I’m actually quite proud of myself for holding it together while everyone I’m talking to is loosing their as-. Not everyone, but oh, so many.

There’s allot of drama in the way I run things, which I’m working on, but truthfully, I honestly would have to take time and think about when I actually missed a beat with a rental. I can’t remember missing one month’s rent in almost four years. And I’d say 85% have stayed 3+ years, and if they haven’t, it’s because I haven’t owned the place that long.

One day I will cash out and by those CD’s of yours (sarcasm), but not until my tenants have paid off my mortgages and I’m ready to travel the world in my golden, yes, GOLDEN years.

Buy and hold baby.

And now with Freddie going sideways, there’s bound to be renters galore. I don’t know who’s going to be able to get mortgages in the future. I’m glad I purchased when I did.

Money markets are better anyway, yield more and Liquid, smart a–

Re: Need your help again, sorry. Another tenant. - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 11, 2008 at 15:28:56:

What a great idea.

Can you sell them to me?

Do you think you can find any that would give me about a 1% return?

I’ll get em properties listed this weekend…

Posted by Corine on July 11, 2008 at 15:30:38:

South Carolina. I’ll file the paperwork Monday morning. This is one guy I don’t want to do this to, but I have to.

Posted by Corine on July 11, 2008 at 14:02:16:

All very good points. And yes, I have tried helping him, time and again. I’ve posted his services on Craigs list when he was unable to.

Section 8 is a great idea. I don’t know how long his wife worked and if she’s able to obtain any services. I believe he’s already borrowed from the church. It’s very sad, he’s a good guy, and also as he says in a difficult age group. He says no one wants to hire someone in their mid 50’s.

What a mess.

I will ask him about section 8 thoug. Great idea.

Spoken like a true Californian - Posted by Bob Lee

Posted by Bob Lee on July 13, 2008 at 10:48:01:

Completely devoid of any class or comprehension on matters outside of your own limited view.

You bounce back and forth more than a ping pong ball in a Forrest Gump movie.

God I feel sorry for your tenants.

Some other thoughts - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on July 13, 2008 at 11:43:39:

First, sometimes a person needs to be backed against the wall before they take care of their own business. If he’s desperate enough, he’ll got get Section 8, he’ll apply for welfare (after all, bridging people through tough times is really what the program was created for), he’ll apply for unemployment and so on. If he has not done these things, then he is not feeling the pinch.

Second, you can be a church going person without being a Christian. I know people who go to meet girls. I know people who go who are anything but believers. I know from the training for children/youth workers that sex offenders prey on churches because many do not do the due diligence background checks to make sure their kids are protected.

Third, contractors who work on their own do pretty well, if they are motivated (this relates back to hitting bottom before doing something besides complain). The contractor I use on my house is over 55 but its hard to schedule him because he is so busy. My San Antonio contractor is younger but also hard to get scheduled. Same is true of my over 55 contractor in Colorado Springs. The good ones are always busy, even if they are independents.

You may actually be helping him get motivated to do something by helping him get to the place where he feels the heat. Right now he’s getting away with his sympathy play, but its tough love time.

Re: Before reading the other posts… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on July 13, 2008 at 09:00:22:

Corine,

If he’s in construction and if you feel that he’s a good and honest worker, maybe hooking him up with your local REIA might be a good option. I’m sure there’s a real estate investor’s association in the area?

I know in Atlanta all of us rehabbers guarded our handyman type people like gold as we had to kiss so many toads to find that prince. And once you give out their name they get so busy with other projects that you may have lost them.

There may be rehabbers that have their house almost done and would love to have someone stay in it at night for protection. So much stuff gets stolen once the crew gets home. So, if they can find someone who protects it at night and also is reliable to do some work during the day then that could be a win-win for everyone. Especially, if it’s someone that may do one rehab after another, so that he could move from one house to another until he’s back on his feet.

Just a thought

Michaela

If your an agent, why can’t you - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on July 15, 2008 at 07:56:11:

sell them yourself???
and get a commission too!

looks like you ned to liquidate at a loss - Posted by redtube adventure

Posted by redtube adventure on July 11, 2008 at 16:42:02:

and move on
!

Re: Spoken like a true Californian - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 13, 2008 at 13:05:42:

Limited view? Let’s compare darling.

Born in Canada. Lived in Mexico two years in adolescence. Raised in CA and Washington State. BFA University of Washington. Director of Design, Fortune 100 Pharmaceutical Companies based out of Boston. Travelled around the world 18 months backpacking from 1993-95, all of Europe, Turkey, Greece, India (circumnavigated)(do you need help with that word?, circumnavigated), Nepal, Thailand,

RE Broker 10 years, and yes, very successful, investor…

Iâ??M MANY THINGS, BUT A LIMITED VIEW WOULD BE THE LAST THING I WOULD BE DESCRIBED AS, AS THEY SAY ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIVEâ?¦YOU IGNORANT SLU-.

And you.

Bob Lee, any relation to Robert. I can see from having lived here three years why you lost the war. I would never live in the South again. EVER!. Anywhere but here.

Sorry people and to the nice Southerners. I know I’m offending many people. I am sorry. Yikes. But you know, it’s a conversation I would have face to face anyway. I’m not speaking my mind here because of the anonymity. I would do so anyway.

Of all the places I’ve lived, So. Cal. though it’s a hustle is best. Central CA coastal is the most beautiful country/land I’ve ever seen…in the world. And I’ve seen a good chunck of it.

Re: Spoken like a true Californian - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 13, 2008 at 12:43:57:

Oh no? Did I touch a nerve?

here, here … so true - Posted by so what

Posted by so what on July 13, 2008 at 12:11:53:

get management co. or sell and buy bonds.

I find it hard to believe you have a real estate license. are you blonde?

Rich-CA, this is bit off topic (a bit on religion) - Posted by BigV

Posted by BigV on July 14, 2008 at 05:03:20:

But being a person interested in theology, I wanted to respond to this quote:

“Second, you can be a church going person without being a Christian. I know people who go to meet girls. I know people who go who are anything but believers. I know from the training for children/youth workers that sex offenders prey on churches because many do not do the due diligence background checks to make sure their kids are protected.”

I would agree that it’s possible to go to church and be a Christian, but Christian theology says that a person is saved APART or regardless of their works.

So, someone who goes to church and does NOT meet up girls, and who may be a VERY GOOD moral person may NOT be a true Christian, while someone who does all of the things you mentioned MAY in fact be a true believer, but not living right.

We are saved NOT by what we DO, but by WHOM we trusted.

Re: Some other thoughts - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 13, 2008 at 12:49:12:

I agree. I just knocked on his door, and his daughter answered, whom apparently doesn’t live there, whom is always there.

They’re jacking me and I’m done. Manana it’s off the the courthouse. He was apparently working. Really I asked, how did your father get transportation I asked. The car he wrecked she replied. Hum. He told me it was totaled.

Ya, I’m done with this guy.

And he keeps hanging s— off my house, drilling holes in the siding. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Re: Before reading the other posts… - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 13, 2008 at 09:46:17:

Hi Michaela. Hope this finds you well.

Great suggestion and I have already tried this route. Our REIA is so small, maybe 10 active people. He did go out on one job quote which resulted in nothing. But now, he doesn’t have a vehicle.

I’m going there this afternoon and have a heart to heart to find a good solution. The reason I’ve put up with him is I really see him trying. He has heart, but like I said, I’ve never seen anyone have such bad luck.

I won’t dump him like that.

I never want to be a person that’s so cold, that cares only about money at the expense of people, good people anyway. Clueless idiots are another story.

Re: If your an agent, why can’t you - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 15, 2008 at 08:16:36:

I can sell them myself, always have, but I’m not selling anything.

Any yes, I can also collect a commission, but only when I’m purchasing. You don’t get commissions when you sell.

Interesting - Posted by redtube adventure

Posted by redtube adventure on July 14, 2008 at 08:33:18:

Flat refusal of addressing the idea as re allocating your capital into something less time demanding and still profitable.

Your incessant FEED THE BEAST of negative cash-flow and you will be happy in 10-15 years that you did not sell at a loss… is not congruent with the Begging and Pleading for thoughtful advice that only matches with your wishes of a shining knight idea that will save the day.

It is without question that you know you’ve redtube -ed in this investment in the short term… you only have a choice of Sticking it out at all costs until you profit which seems to be your choice… or truly looking at redressing your time and capital in a new direction refresh your time, capital and attitude or stay on the redtube ride you are going through until you succeed by tenacity alone.

Re: looks like you ned to liquidate at a loss - Posted by Corine

Posted by Corine on July 11, 2008 at 16:47:48:

I hate to respond to everything. Where would you get “liquidating at a loss” from anything I’ve posted here?

First, the Q: is referring to a tenant that can’t keep up with the payments.

Second. Wy would you assume I would be selling at a loss? You have no idea when I purchased, how much I put down, etc.

Third, you have no idea how much is in my piggy bank.

I don’t mind a smart a–. I do like them smart though.

nerve, all you do is CRY - Posted by Bob Lee

Posted by Bob Lee on July 13, 2008 at 14:04:20:

wait til you get to California, you can CRY with all the people who overpaid while driving up prices on cliffs and forest fire waste land.

California is over rated and OVER PRICED. The southeast coast of the US is the place to be!!

Go to Cal. and CRY with your whine and cheese friends.

hope you can find a management company that is willing to deal with you, not the other way around.

Re: this is bit off topic (a bit on religion) - Posted by Chad (MD)

Posted by Chad (MD) on July 14, 2008 at 17:59:04:

“Christian theology says that a person is saved APART or regardless of their works … We are saved NOT by what we DO, but by WHOM we trusted.”

According to you, Christians can treat others any way they like, and they are still saved.

What about people of other religions? Obviously they have not accepted Jesus Christ, so they are not saved, regardless of the life they lead.

Doesn’t make sense, Big V.