needed some advice - Posted by Mat

Posted by Ronald * Starr on March 12, 2002 at 22:56:11:

Mat------------

No, there are not just a few books to read. There are many books, and you will learn from almost all of them.

I have read well over 100 books on real estate investing. A few are terrible, many are mediocre. There are some good ones, and a very few excellent books.

I have put together a four-page annotated list of real estate investment books that I recommend. These are the good and excellent books. I have this available only as a printed document.

If you send me $2, I will send you a copy of it. You can pay with cash, check, money order, or usable U.S. postage stamps. Providing a SASE ensures the very fastest response.

My address: P. O. Box 27218, Oakland, CA 94602

To save money, I recommend reading books from the public library, used-book stores, thrift stores, and the online sources such as e-bay and half-com. However, not all of the materials sold online are as good as the advertising says. If you can find used the books that I recommend in my reading list, you will have gotten good material at a low price.

If you are considering investing in mobile homes, you need to read Lonny Scrugg’s Deals on Wheels and perhaps his other book. After you have done so, you will be able to make a more informed decision of what is right for you. Expect to take about 6-18 months to learn about real estate investing, the local market, and understanding what approach really fits YOU. My approach may be wrong for you. I know a fellow who makes a million dollars a year with foreclosures and I don’t want to do it the same way he does.

Good Investing and Good Investigating*Ron Starr

needed some advice - Posted by Mat

Posted by Mat on March 11, 2002 at 19:51:45:

Hi,
I’ve been visiting this site for a while and will first comment I think its excellent. I’ve learned a lot since the time I started coming, but feel I need to learn a lot more. I’ve haven’t invested yet, but have to say I’ve always been extremely interested in real estate. I’ve seen the infomercials and have seen quite a few books mentioned here and was wondering if there was one or two that you guys here recommend for a new guy looking to learn the ropes.

I also wasn’t sure if i should lean more towards houses or trailors and was looking for some opinions on that.

Thanks a lot and i would really appreciate your help.

mat