Needing a Little Direction - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Aaron on March 06, 2002 at 16:34:35:

My parents made me read that when I was in High School. I’ve read it four times total now. It’s invaluable.

Needing a Little Direction - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Bryan on March 06, 2002 at 14:50:34:

First of all I want to thank in advance everyone who responds. Your input is highly repected and regarded. Now the question:

I’ve been laid off for 9 months. Money is VERY tight. I want to start investing in RE. My goals are: I don’t want to be a landlord; I want monthly cashflow. I want to do either L/O’s or Foreclosures. I have enough money to get one course.

I am thinking about getting the “Profits While You Sleep” course. I need the material that will arm me with the best knowledge to get started. In your opinion is this course the way to go or is there a better course? Also would I need more money to do L/O’s or to get Pre-forclosure properties? Thanks again!

Re: Needing a Little Direction - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Ryan on March 06, 2002 at 15:40:40:

If money is tight go to to the library and see what materials they have before buying a course. I’ve learned a lot from the library. Don’t limit yourself to CRE books. In my opinion, personal finance is more important for a starting investor than RE knowledge. IMHO, I think the following are good reads:
The Richest Man in Babylon – George S. Clason
Your Money or Your Life – Joe Dominguez, Vicki Robin
Buy It, Fix It, Sell It : Profit! – Kevin C. Myers
The Millionaire Next Door – Thomas J. Ph D Stanley