Neighbor pushes debris on my property -what to do? - Posted by tim

Posted by ski on May 05, 2006 at 19:39:50:

Or simply push it back onto his property…

Neighbor pushes debris on my property -what to do? - Posted by tim

Posted by tim on May 04, 2006 at 05:39:47:

An ajoining property owner recently cleared an area of his backyard and pushed the debris into the woods behind his property - which just happens to be my property.
I called him and asked he remove it. His response was that he wasn’t so sure the debris was over the property line. Not only is it over the line, but some of what he cleared is actually on my side. I found the rear property markers and pulled a string betwen the two.
It’s been two weeks and he’s done nothing. Should I write him a letter to establish a paper trail now?

Thanks

Do you live there? - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Lisa on May 05, 2006 at 12:11:57:

Do you live at this location?

I have a neighbor I live next door to who goes out of his way to throw stuff in my yard.

If you live there, you need to consider if you want to start a war with your neighbor. It will make things very uncomfortable, at the very least.

I would recommend that if there is any other way to handle this than going to court, try it first. If nothing works, then you will have no choice.

My neighbor is a jerk. I tried everything with him. He just lives to make everyone else miserable. So, I went to his wife. That worked. She made him come out and clean it all up.

Just a suggestion. I sure do understand how you feel. I was nice about it, but I wanted to just smack the guy for being such an a–! People are just rude and self-centered sometimes.

Good luck with your situation.

Lisa

Re: Neighbor pushes debris on my property - Posted by Mark (SDC)

Posted by Mark (SDC) on May 05, 2006 at 08:39:32:

Agree with the other poster. You also could call code enforcement with the city.

Re: Neighbor pushes debris… - Posted by MM

Posted by MM on May 04, 2006 at 06:46:00:

The first thing I would do, is take some pictures or the line, and the pins in a fashion that shows the debris on your property, then get a copy of your survey from the county to support your claim, and mail him a copy of it all (not the original)along with a letter .Include a clean up bill estimate in the letter too. If he still won’t remove it I would hire the company who’s estimate you have to clean up the mess on your side only, and bill him for it. If he won’t pay it take him to small claims court, and present your case. Provided the survey was done by a professional I don’t see why you wouldn’t win. Just my opinion.