new at mh business - Posted by Darla

Posted by Tom (WA) on February 09, 2002 at 16:45:17:

Darla, Looks to me like you are doing a great deal. I would much prefer to sell the homes on terms. I really don’t like unplugging toilets and fixing all else that goes wrong. Collecting rent on lots that they can’t damage too much is much easier, and you can raise rents when feasible. You’ve gotton rid of the headache part (the home) and kept the long term winner. The land will increase in value, the home probably won’t. I would include in my contract that they can’t move the home until it is paid in full. If they move it then, just do it all over again and make more money on the next Lonnie deal. Good luck, Tom

new at mh business - Posted by Darla

Posted by Darla on February 08, 2002 at 17:16:33:

We purchased a 87 mh 2br 2ba for 3,500. We had the home moved to 5 acres well and septic in place. The county has already approved 3 more lots on the site. Our plan is to rent the 1st mh, then add others when feasible. My question is -is it better to rent these homes or owner finance and they still pay us lot rent? Hubby retires in 5 years so whats the best way to go? Great info on this site!