New Guy Needs Help - Posted by Duane

Posted by Lee on February 01, 2001 at 19:47:00:

Hi Duane,

Go to legalwiz.com, our resident attorney and nothingdown.com our resident foreclosure expert. Memorize both sites.

Foreclosures are a lot of work and most people are in denial and hard to find and in some other situation.

However, I have seen the good side too, a 4 plex, worth $80 to $90K sell for $23,000… a residence worth 85K sell for $25,000 an (400?) unit apartment complex sell for $3,000 per unit (needed to be gutted).

It is a business, you gotta treat it like one. Get competent people around you attys., title people, R/E agents bankers (if needed). DON’T depend on one in each category. See post #9233 (in your browser window)for a start.

Email me w/ your phone # if you like we can discuss further.

Good Luck
Lee

New Guy Needs Help - Posted by Duane

Posted by Duane on February 01, 2001 at 09:19:39:

I’ve recently sold my food equipment repair business and am looking at getting into buying forclosed properties, fixing them up and reselling them.

I guess my question is, Can I expect to make a decent dollar doing this? Also what is the best way to find these properties? Is the Carleton Sheets course a good way to go or is it just another infomercial?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thanks,

Duane