new in REI, found property, how should i buy this - Posted by florence

Posted by florence on July 29, 2003 at 02:06:23:

Hello!

I just emailed you earlier and your question is…I’m in Hinesville, Georgia 31313… all the informations is on my email I just sent you…looking forward to hear from you…Thanks…
florence tauese
912-369-6242
(fax)772-619-2429

new in REI, found property, how should i buy this - Posted by florence

Posted by florence on July 26, 2003 at 02:06:58:

Hello people!
I’ve gone to several houses today with an agent, I really like this one, and I think this is a great price for a 4/2, huge yard, everything in great shape, i have no complaints about the home…it is selling for $78,900, the agent said that I only need 3% down… she’s familiar with creative financing, but she said that in our area, most of the loans are VA loans, you have to qualify in order for you to assume the loan, if it’s not assumable, then I need to get my own mortgage… I did my homework as to finding the seller, I got the name from the courthouse, but can’t find an address or a phone #… but all of that above, I’m currently renting with my family, and our lease ends in Sept.1st… we really need a place of our own… we can afford a payment of $600/mos max, my brother’s FICO is 614 and don’t know about my sister. I talked with a mortgage lady, and she still haven’t told us if we’re qualify for a loan, but we do need a mortgage right away, if you know of any, please let me know…
Well, I’m trying to structure my offer on this home, but just wondering if I my offer will be okay… oh, the property has been on the market for 4 days now(today), but here’s what I’m planning to do:
-offer $80K for property
-3% down (from a friend in the form of a note)
-and obtain a mortgage ourselves(since i know a 'lil bit about VA loans)the agent can’t do a wrap-around on it though

I guess for me, it’s kinda hard to make an offer since we have little time, and takes forever for the mortgage people to respond… I want to close sometimes in mid-August… will anyone help me on this one? any creative ideas out there? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Florence Tauese
me and family are dying to hear from anyone

Re: new in REI, found property, h - Posted by StevenS(CPA)

Posted by StevenS(CPA) on July 28, 2003 at 11:24:46:

Although real estate loans are taking longer because of a rush of refinancing, if you feel its taking too long you should consider using another company.

They want your business don’t let give you the run around.

Re: new in REI, found property - Posted by comp6512

Posted by comp6512 on July 28, 2003 at 09:08:56:

What state are you in, Florence?