new investor (pre-foreclsoure) - Posted by raoul

Posted by doody on September 12, 2003 at 19:03:42:

I got this same response from the recorders office here in Youngstown, Ohio. I have asked for a list everyway I know how, and stil get the “we just put them in the leagle news paper” response. Someone told me that I have to go to the courthouse and ask how to look up cases by type(forclosure,divorse,bankrupcy,etc) So I’ll give that a shot this week.

new investor (pre-foreclsoure) - Posted by raoul

Posted by raoul on September 11, 2003 at 22:56:29:

I have selected the pre-foreclsoure market to work in but I am having trouble locating the properties. I have contacted the county court house about a list of the properties that have gone default. The answer that I have been given is that they don’t have a record. When they get the information they put it in the newspaper but I don not have 4-6 weeks to do a short sale. So I am now lost. If any one has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Re: new investor (pre-foreclsoure) - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 12, 2003 at 09:51:39:

Raoul,

I’m with IB(NJ) on this one. You will get far better results from the county employees if you go there in person.

Calling just doesnt cut it. There are always quick to get you off the phone.

I also do this with banks. I have been more successful with a face to face meetings rather than a phone convesation.

Great Success,

RichV(FL)

Stop calling… - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on September 12, 2003 at 09:19:35:

and visit the court house in person. You will get more useful and accurate information often when you speak to people in person (they tend to want to get you off the phone so they can get back to work when you call these people). Besides, you need to become more familiar with the inner workings of the recorder’s office if you’re going to work the pre-foreclosure business.

You also need to let us know what state and county you’re working in since preforeclosures are state and (often) county specific.