New to Real Estate Investing - Posted by Temi

Posted by Temi on July 28, 2001 at 01:18:22:

Thanks for the encouraging words. They always help!

New to Real Estate Investing - Posted by Temi

Posted by Temi on July 27, 2001 at 23:51:58:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Temi and I am very new to the Real Estate Investing world. I live in the state of Georgia. I have just completed a home study course on Real Estate Investing and I am very excited. I think there is a ton of money to be made in this profession. I have also had the opportunity to take some Real Estate Classes but did not complete them to get my license. My only concern is that I do have less than perfect credit, my funding is very limited right now, and I am having the hardest time figuring out which method of Creative Real Estate Investing I would like to use. I have been connected with an investor that sells homes (incomplete), meaning he does the outer frame work, gives the buyer a loan to complete the rest of the work, and finances the home with buyer for one year after which the buyer must find someone else to finance. I have not gone out and applied for a loan with anyone else because I am scared to get my feet wet although I know that I have the gift to do this. Are there any suggestions for people who are in my situation and does anyone have a suggestion as to what approach I should take since I have not completed my first transaction? I have been thinking along the lines of buying and selling immediately thereafter but as I said before I am kind of scared of failure.

Re: New to Real Estate Investing - Posted by Ray S(FL)

Posted by Ray S(FL) on July 28, 2001 at 13:04:23:

Fear is such a powerful emotion. We can also use fear to motivate us instead of paralyze us. The fear of what will happen if you don’t pick up the phone, the fear of what will happen if you don’t go look at a house are also very real emotions. Brian Tracy also says that what ever you think about you will become. Think only on the things that you want not about what you don’t want. Simply you will become your thoughts. Get fear working for you not against you.

Hope this helps,
Ray S(FL)

Fear - Posted by Rick(CA)

Posted by Rick(CA) on July 28, 2001 at 24:47:01:

I’ll give you a couple of quotes by Brian Tracy. Maybe they will help.

“It is not failure itself that holds you back; it is the fear of failure that paralyzes you.”

“Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.”

“Think continually about what you want, not about the things you fear.”