New to REI - Posted by Mark P

Posted by RichV(FL) on July 15, 2003 at 04:59:47:

Mark,

I do know of a REI club out that way. Its called Florida Real estate Investors Association. They are in Palm Beach county.

Also try the “Clubs” section of this site. You may turn up a few more.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

New to REI - Posted by Mark P

Posted by Mark P on July 14, 2003 at 17:52:51:

I recently purchased the CS No Money Down course. I already own two homes, one in south FL which I live in and one in VA Beach wich is a rental which was my first home purhcase back in 97. My credit is fair (FICO around 610). I have equity in both properties. After reading the CS course (about 3 times) I was really pumped up and enthusiastic about putting the NMD techniques to the test. After reading all the negative info about the CS course my confidence in the course has hit rock bottom. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what avenue I should persue to get started in REI? I’m thinking that with the equity I have in my two homes and my credit not being all that bad (and getting better) that I should use the equity to get started and not get hung up on the NMD technique. I’ve been talking with a couple of brokers and agents and they say that finding a deal like that in the South Florida market is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I would also like to know if anyone knows of a RE club I could get involved with here in the South Florida area (West Palm Beach). Thanks in advance for you advise.

Re: New to REI - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Steve (FL) on July 17, 2003 at 20:49:56:

Mark,

Stop listening to the people that find fault with every program out there because they are too lazy to try them. 2 out of 10 properties on the market can be purchased with some portion of the NMD techniques. The problem is, it is easier to say it doesn’t work, than it is to get off your butt and do what it takes to make a darn good living. Hopefully, no one ever told you that it would be simple and easy and require NO effort on your part. The hardest part about starting, is STARTING! If you have the desire, the drive and the positive attitude necessary to try something new, you can make it happen. Open the box, use your creative ideas and enjoy the wealth! AND GET THE TOXIC PEOPLE OUT OF YOUR LIFE. FIND A REAL ESTATE AGENT TO WORK WITH THAT BELIEVES IN THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Good luck,