Newbie - Interested In Buying 1st Property - Posted by Monica J.

Posted by lisa jose santiago on March 13, 2003 at 10:24:10:

We are looking for something to help us buy a house and car… we have 6 kids and need a big house. We have heard that the gov will help people who need personal needs?

Newbie - Interested In Buying 1st Property - Posted by Monica J.

Posted by Monica J. on October 11, 2000 at 14:25:34:

I purchased the CS course over 2 years ago and it sits under my bed with dust all over it. I can not get the thought of investing off my mind because I want to do this more than anything in the world. I live paycheck to paycheck and I have fair credit but no funds available and that scares me off. I now work in a real estate office as a receptionist and one of the Broker’s here has a 2 family for sale (50K) and I want to get the fear off my back and do this NOW. I know that the guys in the office will assist me all they can but I need HELP, ADVICE, GOOD LUCK’S, GO FOR IT’S and any other comments that I can get from anyone. Please help and offer me anything that you think will be useful/helpful with me getting off the stump and the fear out of my heart.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Newbie - Interested In Buying 1st Property - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on October 12, 2000 at 15:11:34:

Monica,
Those real estate programs do work great as dust collectors. In fact you can also attach a wood handle to them and they make a great swiffer sweeper .

In all seriousness, maybe it’s not the fear in your heart maybe it’s the fact that deep down inside you do not want to be a land lord yet, and you are probably thinking you really don’t see any money in your pocket right away from buying this property unless you are getting cash back at closing. To be honest with you if you have no cash reserves you are setting yourself up for a fall.

Now on the other hand if you can get this duplex at a bargin and flip it to an interested party, that could jump start your cash situation.

Carlton sheets program is designed for more of a buy and hold type of investment. My advice to you would be to try a different route and take care of your financial situation NOW by producing some quick cash with flips or assignments. This is literally no risk and you have nothing to loose but time, and it takes none to very little money. After you have the reserves you can move on to the buy and hold if thats what you want to do.

You have an excellent opportunity working in a real estate office especially if they will let you get on the MLS. Just think You would have access to the junkers for wholesale, motivated sellers, expired listings ect. That’s a great edge.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Mark

Re: Newbie - Interested In Buying 1st Property - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on October 11, 2000 at 23:20:28:

Monica, Mark’s right. It’s time to get your feet wet. ACTION=RESULTS :slight_smile: —Jack

Re: Newbie - Interested In Buying 1st Property - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on October 11, 2000 at 14:40:54:

Go for it… Write up an offer… The worst that can happen is they say no…

Mark

Mark-NC is right on!! (as usual) – (nt) - Posted by Rick Roberts - KC

Posted by Rick Roberts - KC on October 14, 2000 at 08:54:37:

nt

Re: Newbie - Interested In Buying 1st Property - Posted by CAB

Posted by CAB on October 12, 2000 at 19:59:42:

I would also say write up an offer. I just bought a property for 60% less then the asking price. Did I expect to get the property for that? Heck no, but when they excepted, I was happy for joy. Had they not taken the offer it would have only cost me a sheet of paper, but since they accepted the price it will make me thousands. The worst that can happen is a no!!!

Re: Mark-NC is right on!! (as usual) – (nt) - Posted by Clifton Ford

Posted by Clifton Ford on January 02, 2001 at 24:08:12:

I am currently in investing in rental property with the assistance from obtaining goverement loans or grants to help me get started. If you can assist in finding more information on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.