newbie introduction - Posted by Adam

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 31, 2003 at 09:23:12:

Adam,

I like the CS course. I have pulled a fair amount of information from it. I think its a good starter in REI.

But, if you are interested in flipping pick up the book “Flipping Properties”–Bronchick/Dahlstrom.

You can pick it up on amazon.com for about 15 bucks.

It will give you a general idea on how to quick turn and rehab properties for profit.

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)

newbie introduction - Posted by Adam

Posted by Adam on August 31, 2003 at 06:13:27:

Hello everyone,

I live in Tampabay - St. Petersburg, FL area.
I have been interested in REI for sometime now but, am starting to get serious about my education. I just found your site and like what I see. I am comtemplating purchasing the CS training program after reading this forum. It seems like it is probably the cheapest out there but delivers quality information. At this point I believe my focus is flipping properties, but it seems like CS is not an advocate. I don’t have alot of money or the greatest credit so I am trying to search for something that is going to help me learn and remain in focus on flipping properties. Does Carleton Sheets talk at all about this?
I hope to form relationships with some of the experienced investors on this site that may be interested in guiding me with some questions.
Best of success to all!
Adam, St. Petersburg,FL

Re: newbie introduction - Posted by Carrie-PA

Posted by Carrie-PA on September 04, 2003 at 14:04:38:

Hi Adam,
I like Dave Whisnants course as well. He’s real and seems honest. I just bought his new course and was impressed. I did a search on his name here and actually saw that he used to post here!! Wow. Well whatever you decide, you need to make sure you respect the person who’s courtse you buy.
Happy Investing!
Carrie

Re: newbie introduction - Posted by Allen

Posted by Allen on September 02, 2003 at 08:20:53:

I have the CS course. It’s ok, but not very useful. The beginning is too simple: set your goals, select the right property, common sense stuff you already know. The meat of the course, the magic techniques, just don’t work. Seller’s don’t like a crazy complicated offer, and lenders won’t make the loan.

I like Dave Whisnant’s course much better. It’s real world and not guru lala land. When I got his course he offered the full 300pg course for free, pay $79 if you keep it. I hadn’t planned on shelling out the cash but I was so impressed I paid in full. I just checked his web site (do a yahoo search). The offer and the course have changed but I would check it out.

Read all of Joe Kaiser’s how-to posts here too. I like his real world get-in get-out methods.

Re: newbie introduction - Posted by Adam

Posted by Adam on August 31, 2003 at 20:01:30:

Thanks for the replies. What would a seasoned RE investor recommend for someone starting out? But and sell or But and Hold? My feelings were to start out flipping to build capitol and then maybe invest in a 4 plex or a commercial property.
Thanks again!
Adam FL

Re: newbie introduction - Posted by Kerry Kaplan

Posted by Kerry Kaplan on August 31, 2003 at 15:48:56:

Sheets is pretty good. Not bad for a guy who owns a good chunk of FLORIDA. LOL… anyway there’s a lot of good stuff out there on the internet. Check eBay for some good courses. I like lease options, myself. Limited liability with lease options. Plus you get a monthly income which is alwyas nice.