Newbie Looking For Advice In Chicagoland Area? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Ken P. on February 11, 2002 at 23:09:08:

Chris,

I myself am in the Chicago area and I have lived here all my life. What I have found is that this is a VERY diverse marketplace. It is definitely possible to invest and make a lot of money but you must be willing to learn the areas and know the best way to invest in them. I have found a niche that works well for me in the south/southwest suburbs and I also know the north suburbs very well also. I would be happy to help you and also get you connected with a couple great real estate clubs. Feel free to e-mail me and we’ll connect.

Take care,

Ken
housemax@core.com

Newbie Looking For Advice In Chicagoland Area? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 11, 2002 at 21:23:41:

After speaking with family friends who were in real-estate, I’ve become very interested and I think with my work ethic, motivation, and enthusiasm I could be a successful real-estate investor, but I don’t know where to begin and I’m extremely nervous!!!

I’ll be graduating from college in May and will be moving to a northern suburb of Chicago to pursue a 9-5 job, but would like to do real-investing on the side. I’m currently taking an intro real estate class at college and I’ve read several of Robert Shemin’s and Robert Irwin’s books while also searching creonline’s posts for helpful information.

I’ve read Ron’s post on this website for introduction to real-estate investing and have looked up the northern chicago investing club, but I was wondering if anyone out there could give me details on anything else I could be doing now to prepare my myself for investing as soon as I graduate??? I would like to actually do some investing this summer, but college has left me with very little money!! I would like to find a multi-unit home and live in one unit and rent the others if possible, but I haven’t been able to find affordable units in the chicagoland area!!! I would hate to have to rent!!! I find myself spending hours a day looking for homes on the web, searching websites for information that I just hope to actually graduate in May!!!

Anyway, Should I buy a real-estate course??? If so, which course??? Should I look into setting up a LLC, even though I haven’t begun to invest, YET?? I would really appreciate anyone’s helpful information because I’m serious and I want to be a successful real-estate investor, I’m just really nervous about where to begin!!

Thanks in Advance,
Chris