Newbie, Need some advice... - Posted by Jared

Posted by Ed Garcia on May 20, 2006 at 09:29:57:

Jared,

You?re getting ahead of yourself. If your numbers are right, you?re at 70% LTV. If you try to ad the truck to the deal, you?ll be at a higher LTV.

My suggestion is to go to your dad and ask him for help to take the deal down. After getting the deal down, there?s all kinds of things you can do with the deal, but take it down first. If your dad won?t help you take the deal down then perhaps you can find someone else.

Also I?d like to suggest for you to go to creditinfocenter.com and there you will find out how to clean up your credit report.

Mean while I?m going to give you 9 nine ways to do a deal with no money and bad credit.

(1) PARTNERHIP: Find a 50/50 partner. It don’t have to be 50/50, it can be what ever you can negotiate.

(2) FLIP: the best way to flip is to find a potential buyer first and then find a property. You can do this by running an ad on a property to see what kind of action you get. Once you have a potential qualified buyer, you’d be surprised how easy it is to find them a house.

(3) LEASE OPTION: Many times you can buy and sell with a lease option. We call this a “Sandwich Lease Option”. Jim, I’m not going to go into any great detail, you can find this information all over this forum.

(4) SELLER CARRY BACK: This is one of, if not my favorite way to buy. Now the best way to utilize this system is to do a second seller carry back in order to give the seller some cash in the deal. If money doesn’t exchange hands, many times the seller doesn’t feel that they consummated a sale.

Example:

I find a house that has a small balance on the first. Lets say the house is worth a $100,000; the balance on the first mortgage is $30,000.

If I wanted to buy this house for lets say $80,000, I could ask the seller to carry back $15,000 and go to a hard money lender to borrow 65%
of AMV (appraised market value) of which is $65,000 and the seller carrying $15,000 in second position, would ad up to $80,000. It would also give your seller $35,000 new cash, and $125.00 income on the $15,000 loan that they carried at 10% interest only, for 5 years.

(5) HARD MONEY: Hard money, is an equity loan made at approximately 65% LTV, based on the equity of the property only. Credit is not a consideration.

(6) HARD MONEY/SELLER CARRY BACK: Again, You can have the seller carry back a second and refinance the first, giving the seller some money. You can do variations of this system.

(7) SUB PRIME FINANCING: Many National lenders will provide financing at 70% with poor credit and won’t verify money down.

(8) SUB PRIME/ SELLER CARRY BACK: Again this combination can provide money to the seller, rather than ask them to carry the whole thing. Also there are local independent portfolio lenders that will lend as well as mortgage co’s and I always recommend seeking them out. National one’s would be Associates Finance, American General, Beneficial etc.

(9) CREAT YOUR OWN MORTGAGE: For more information on this go to the HOW-TO ARTICLES on this site and look up an article written by J.P. Vaughan.

Ed Garcia

Newbie, Need some advice… - Posted by Jared

Posted by Jared on May 19, 2006 at 23:43:14:

Ok… Heres the “deal”

I am 24 years old. Found a house where the seller owes about 70k on the mortgage. No second mortgage. Apraised at 100k

I am currently living in an apartment and would like a house.

Problem is… I have some pretty poor credit.

I am about 5k in unsecured debt.

What I want to do is finance for the assesed value for some “extra” cash. I want to pay off my truck (in my dads name) and my bills.

Is this possible?

-Jared