newbie needs help!! - Posted by jason

Posted by Gobstomper on October 07, 2003 at 23:56:13:

Getting Walmart contracts sounds like a good idea, if and only if I could buy and sell a home individually!, but then again this is the advice I get from so called licensed experts.

I intended on actually writing my own contracts, putting my own contingencies to safegaurd my investments, but what is the purpose if I can’t put a price on a property that I want to buy and therefor have a contract in the first place, unless of course I work with an agent…

More opinions welcomed.

Gobstomper

newbie needs help!! - Posted by jason

Posted by jason on October 07, 2003 at 11:37:59:

hey, i’m just starting out in this biz and i was just wondering if i need a license to buy and sell house’s or to “subject to deals” or do you just need a license period to deal with real estate? and other advice other than that is greatly appreciated… i’m only 19 so i’m just gettin into it so advice will help…thanks

Re: newbie needs help!! - Posted by Essadi Financial, LOLC

Posted by Essadi Financial, LOLC on October 07, 2003 at 11:44:33:

Hi Jason,

Licensing requirement depends on your geographical location. Some states require that you be license to sell real estate and others don’t. You do not have to be license to purchase real estate ever.

Re: newbie needs help!! - Posted by Gobstomper

Posted by Gobstomper on October 07, 2003 at 22:43:27:

What a coincidence, I’m also 19!! I live in Southern California and have been told by a real estate agent and one of my professor’s who was a mortgage broker that I needed a license to even quote a price for a property that I may want to buy. To do so through any means, according to them, would be ILLEGAL. Is what they say true, especially in California. If so, how do I get beyond this requirement? Is the only way to buy property here in California is to ALWAYS go through an agent and pay them that undeserved commission (especially when I took the due diligence to find a junker property that I could fix-and-flip)?

Gobstomper

Re: newbie needs help!! - Posted by Essadi Financial, LLC

Posted by Essadi Financial, LLC on October 07, 2003 at 22:51:57:

Hi Gobstomper,

As you know, California is like a separate entity in itself. It’s laws is like no other state in my opinion. But honestly, you can go to Walmart and pick up and purchase contract, complete that contract, and submit it to a seller. That seller can accept or not accept your offer–no realtor needed. I mean come on… this is what Carleton Sheets states in most of his documentation. One way to find out is to contact your local board of realtors and present the question to them.