newbie, needs some guidance, please help - Posted by Len (NYC)

Posted by Shenesa on April 11, 2000 at 11:10:40:

As you state one does learn from mistakes. But how did you only make One Big Dime!

Just my Two Cents:-)

Much Success!
Shenesa

newbie, needs some guidance, please help - Posted by Len (NYC)

Posted by Len (NYC) on April 11, 2000 at 08:34:14:

Hey everyone,
I guess Ill be considered a newbie, I brought the carleton sheets course a few months agao, and have recently finished it ( I havent had the chance to read it over though). My next step was to come to this site and many others and read everything I could get my eyes on. So now Im at the point that I know a little about a few things, and I think I want to deal mainly with ?flips? and/or L/O.
So where do I go from here, well Im waiting to join a real estate club here in NYC, they meet at the end of every month. But, I don?t like to just wait, I feel like I don?t know what else to do now. Im reading articles, but maybe I should obtain some books , in regards to what I want to focus on, any suggestions?
While reading the course it had mentioned to start to meet people such as realtors, bankers, title companies, to familiarize myself with them and vice versa. My only drawback is that I really don?t feel confident in what I should tell these people or if they are going to take me seriously. I have thought that maybe I should find a property with a motivated seller, obtain it, and then at least learn from that and be able to speak from experience. But, as evereyone knows the fear is always there, on wheter or not I put myself in a debt or situation that is over my head.
So I guess what Im asking is when people were in my situation, what did they do next, I don?t mind learning some more, but after reading article after article , a lot of times Im lost at whats going on, if any can give some guidance or some real world experiences , I would appreciate it.

Re: newbie, needs some guidance, please help - Posted by rita_mo

Posted by rita_mo on April 11, 2000 at 09:55:54:

Len,
If you’ve read everything you think you need to read, your familiar with every term you can grasp from the how to books, you’ve decided which area you want to pursue, then it’s proably time to jump in and get your feet wet, I learned more from my errors my 1st year than my success. A matter of fact I messed up so badly on my first assignment contract I only made .10 Yes your read correctly, one dime. I laugh at it now, but at the time,I wondered what in the world went wrong! I assure you that mistake has not been made agine. So maybe it’s time you just jump right in there.
Cordially,
Rita_mo

Re: newbie, needs some guidance, please help - Posted by Anthony Henry

Posted by Anthony Henry on April 11, 2000 at 08:48:39:

Hey Len where and when in NYC is this RE Investment Club meeting. Is it in manhattan by chance. If so forward me some information. Thnaks

Anthony Henry