NEWBIE QUESTION About R.E. Agent - Posted by Barbara from Maine

Posted by bmeesh on June 06, 2005 at 21:21:07:

As a Realtor I find so many buyers trying to pull this. Ed is correct that the agreement is between the seller and the agent. In Florida all offers must be presented to the seller, it is required. The problem with the no money down piece is that in our market, sellers want to see a committment…not just the agents…even with 100% financing…sellers are wanting to see 10% down…just food for thought…

NEWBIE QUESTION About R.E. Agent - Posted by Barbara from Maine

Posted by Barbara from Maine on June 04, 2005 at 17:39:32:

I have a newbie question. My son is interested in a house (to live in) which is handled by an agent. He does not have a downpayment, (it is an inexpensive house), so as a recent student of Carlton Sheets I said I would help him get it financed without going through a bank. Preferably no money down.
In this situation how does one get around the agent ? Is it ethical to talk to the owner? I am not trying to pull anything, but I am sure the agent could care less about creative financing! And no doubt be reticent about giving me info about the owner.
Do sub2’s, l/o’s and the like only work when there is no agent in the picture?
Thanks in advance.
Barbara

Re: NEWBIE QUESTION About R.E. Agent - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on June 04, 2005 at 19:20:57:

Nothing wrong with talking directly with the owner. It is the owner who is liable for the commission, and that matter should be between the owner and the agent. So work out your best deal with the owner and let the owner deal with the agent.

Re: NEWBIE QUESTION About R.E. Agent - Posted by Barbara from Maine

Posted by Barbara from Maine on June 04, 2005 at 19:24:15:

Thanks Ed…just what I needed to know.
Barbara