Newbie question - Posted by Mark - CA

Posted by AnnNC on March 16, 2001 at 18:17:53:

Check out the state laws concerning MH (how many deals before you are considered a dealer. (DMV -dept of motor vehicles)decides this in the state of NC) and get them to mail this to you.

This should be an interesting thread.

For all of the promisses of “freedom” through this
REI lifestyle, we are yet tied to a local market,
local help, local agents, local appraisers.

Tell us what alternative there is. I too, am wanting to know how to “make deals” while travelling.

Newbie question - Posted by Mark - CA

Posted by Mark - CA on March 16, 2001 at 16:08:50:

Hi all,

I’ve been reading this board for quite awhile and have just
started my new venture in REI. I’ve read Sheets, Scruggs and others and I feel I’m ready to start out and explore the world of REI.

My main interest is foreclosures and MHs and after doing some research it seems that the foreclosure market looks best from the midwest going east with some great opportunities in FL. The market and prices are so tight in CA that the few foreclosures I’ve found don’t even seem like a good deal.

I’d like to know if anyone has just picked up and moved to another state to embark on their REI career. I can only assume that it would be very difficult to handle a deal when living in another state. I have the ability to pick up and move and FL doesn’t sound so bad. What are your thoughts on which states seem best for a newbie?

Thanks