Newbie: Seattle CREI Club? - Posted by Joan Casey

Posted by Jerry on September 27, 2004 at 08:42:10:

OK! It has been over a year since your posting. How are you doing on your realestate investing? I’m interested in getting started also and seeking help on who/what mentors or information to trust.

Newbie: Seattle CREI Club? - Posted by Joan Casey

Posted by Joan Casey on October 27, 2002 at 02:52:22:

Hi there,
I’m new to real estate investment and am looking for some help.

Does anyone know of a creative real estate investment group/club in Seattle, Washington? (or nearby Bellevue, Kirkland, Ballard etc.)

Do you know anyone, already successful in this field, who is coaching people in my area? Or is hosting a support group?

I really appreciate everyone’s excitement and support in this venture. It’s great! Wonderful web site.

I am 43 years young, successfully self-employed, owning my own business for over 10 years. I love what I do and am ready to create a better retirement situation for myself. It is important to me to work with people with integrity, smarts and ,hopefully, a sense of humor. :slight_smile:

I’ve started educating myself, saving $ and look forward buying properties to create passive income. Probably 4-8 plexs and eventually apartments, hiring someone else to do maintenance. Possibly also some business real estate. I’m not sure at this point.

I’ve read about 1/2 of Rich Dad/Poor Dad’s materials and am very excited to be stepping into a new paradigm about financial freedom and creating passive income. His work has opened a whole new way of looking at $. I’ve been playing the cash flow game 2x a month for a number of months and it’s really sinking in that I can do this.

What the best “nuts & bolts” book to learn the lingo?
Who is your favorite teacher (Sheets etc.) and why?

I know the investment is worth it-I just want to get steered in the right direction.

I appreciate any and all wisdom, networking and support sent my way.

Blessings,
Joan

Re: Newbie: Seattle CREI Club? - Posted by Perry Bronson

Posted by Perry Bronson on August 13, 2003 at 16:45:20:

Hi Joan;

I was also looking for some help on real estate investing and came across your site. I wondered if you had located some help and would mind sharing the information. Greatly appreciated --Perry

Re: Newbie: Seattle CREI Club? - Posted by Andrew Ikeda

Posted by Andrew Ikeda on October 29, 2002 at 07:48:30:

Hello Joan:

My permanent residence is Woodland, WA (about 2 1/2 hours South of Seattle) and I too am a rookie in real estate investing.
At this time, I am currently teaching English in Seoul, South Korea but am anxious to get out of the rat race. I play cashflow 101 and 202 and have been playing almost every Sunday this year so far. I have read all of Kiyosaki’s books including his advisors book and the new book “Rich Dad’s Prophecy…”
Sorry, I cannot advise you of a mentor. I have seen Charlton Sheets’ info and it looks lengthy and detailed. There is a man by the name of Joe Crump in Indiana who is offering step by step help. For current information e-mail him at: joe@zerodowninvesting.com. He has been very prompt in replying to my e-mails and seems very personal and interested in his students’ success. Soon I will sign up for his course. His newsletters are also very informative. The only reason I havent signed up yet is because I’m in Korea.
Please feel free to keep in touch. I am interested in r.e. investing in WA State, and also let me know if you find any clubs or mentors in your area.
Good luck and best wishes.

Sincerely,

Andrew Ikeda