newbie to REI. what's the first step? - Posted by Terra

Posted by Teedi on May 23, 2000 at 19:15:50:

I bought the carlton sheets package and am just getting
started, I also bought mccorkle, there are alot of similarities so there must be somthing to it.
Id be interested in finding out if Jim is available to
help coach some of us :newbies: as it seems he has already gotten his feet wet.

newbie to REI. what’s the first step? - Posted by Terra

Posted by Terra on May 23, 2000 at 03:07:47:

okay. I"ve heard about Carleton Sheets program for years and years. I’ve heard the good things and the bad things and I realize that it varies by region, but it can be done, even though it sounds daunting.
I just would liek to know how to get started (especially after reading ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’).
I have really bad credit, lots of student loans out, and wouldn’t mind making extra money. ANd I have an interest in small out of town properties and mobile homes.
I’m all ears…

Re: newbie to REI. what’s the first step? - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on May 23, 2000 at 12:21:11:

Terra,
Simple! Some good sound Basic Education and a ‘willingness to go for it’. Carleton’s course is OK, but he’s isn’t the only one out there teaching. There are other ‘gurus’ with different twist. I’ve bought many of the books and courses and learned something from each. I will always continue my education, because I’ll pick up a tid bit that will net me 10$ of thou$and$ (like-‘How NOT to use banks when buying or selling a home’, that alone saved me 10s of thousands in closing cost, not to mention interest).