Newbie to Site - Posted by Ken

Posted by Greg Meade on July 13, 2003 at 12:31:52:

I don’t see why not Ken. His link for his e-mail is on this site, send him one. My very best guess is that neither Ernest or Lonny derive a very large portion of their income from these books…makes me think they do this because they enjoy it!!!
Good hunting

Newbie to Site - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on July 12, 2003 at 17:54:33:

Hello To Everyone:

Just spent last 2 hours reviewing Mobil Home forum.

I’m 60 yrs old, live in Florida and have spent
about 3K over last 2 years to reeducate myself so
I can find a new carrer field. Much of this money
has been wasted on the “guru” lessons. Some has
paid off most has not.

Have looked at Earnest and Lonnies information on
their books. Need some real honest advise as to how much of their info is useable and how much is not.

I just cannot continue to put money into info I can not use. This whole idea of Mobil Home buy/resale/lease option
etc is new to me. This idea sounds intriguing to me.

As I don’t know anyone doing this you guys advise looks
pretty good. See questions below:

1. Which would be better course to start? Remember I’m in Florida.

2. Is this something that a man can work and make
    a full time living off of?

3. Not much of a handyman or fixer upper. Willing to learn.
    Willing to work. Is this worth while in pursuing?

4. Is ongoing support avilable from you folkes? (When legitimate questions and advise asked)

5. How many old timers out there in Fl have done this?

6. If this is such a “good income” producer why haven’t heard of this before?

Please give your honest thoughts on the courses. Know I
really sound skeptical but I have changes I have to make
in my life and trying to make sure I’m not going to
go the wrong way again.

Please feel free to answer on the forum or e-mail me direct at knleatherman@alltel.net

Earnest or Lonnie if you read this please don’t take offense.

Thank you in advance for your replys.

Ken

Re: Newbie to Site - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on July 14, 2003 at 09:20:31:

Ken,

Yes, both Ernest and Lonnie’s materials are worth the price. Start with Lonnie’s book Deals on Wheels for $30.

I started going full time on Lonnie Deals in January with the idea that it had to replace my income by June. I have been able to live off of my Lonnie income so far- however I’ve seriously reduced my expenses and I had both financial resources and several years of experience in rehabbing and property management before I got into mobile homes. I’m on my 8th and 9th deal right now, I’ve sold the first 7 that I bought.

My advice: follow Lonnie’s instructions in his books TO THE LETTER. If you deviate, you will learn some lessons that may cost you money.

Also, get some note buyers lined up now if possible- friends, family, etc. If you have a couple thousand to start with that will also help.

Good luck,
Anne

Re: Newbie to Site - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on July 14, 2003 at 09:00:12:

Ken,

I have used both Lonnie and Ernest’s material. They both offer great info that would cost big bucks if you learn it the hard way. Start with both of Lonnies books. These will cost you $60 but I assure you they are well worth it. Then Get Ernests course Get Rich Helping Others. This course expounds upon what Lonnie has laid the foundations of. Both of these guys are just good guys that will accept calls and talk to you. I understand being hesitant to waste money on flashy courses but these are all Meat and Potatoes. This site will be happy to help you once you read Lonnie and Ernests material. Then you will have the info to ask specific questions pertaining to actual deals you are looking at. Rather than vague general questions that don’t get the responses of someone who already knows the basics. If you get into this business you will learn. Will it be the hard way or through the experience of others is up to you. Take Care ScottS(NC)

Re: Newbie to Site - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on July 12, 2003 at 21:20:43:

I can’t answer all of your questions but I can sure answer a few. ordered Lonny’s DOW (about 30 bucks). and it had tons of interesting things in it i could have really used b4 doing a deal 3 days b4. The real value I got was the philosopy and positive attitude of the whole process.i am like him where i don’t analyze things to death…do a deal make a profit…good enuf! If you like it, do another. As a FL resident myself i saw the need to contact Earnest, another fellow sunshine stater. He e-mailed me a suggestion to order one of his books and also his phone number to talk about some of my other questions (i.e what to do with the income stream when it comes in, etc.) This sounds easy, but it is critical…if there is not a plan in place, uncle and FL will take most of your profit. I will order Earnests’ book on Monday and will contact him in person after reading it. One really can’t ask much more. I’ve only done the one deal so I’m no expert but I believe there will always be good people with poor credit needing affordable housing!

Re: Newbie to Site - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on July 15, 2003 at 13:13:08:

Anne,

Thanks for your reply. Makes good sense. You
along with Scott and Al say the same thing.

Going to start with DOW and then go to Ernest for
follow up. Continue to use this forum. It sure
does me good to hear from people willing to share.

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Ken

codicil - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on July 14, 2003 at 09:40:24:

Being that you are in FL, I would postscript Anne’s recommendation to “follow Lonnie’s instructions in his books TO THE LETTER”. Apparently (from my readings) there are special issues in FL that preclude normal sales of MHs on a note, and L/O is more advantageous. Ernest’s GRHO book supplements DOW nicely, and Ernest is very available to advise.

I would recommend that you buy DOW (it is inexpensive), get familiar, and since you are in FL, call Ernest and buy the guy dinner so you can chat. You will then probably want to get his $80 manual as a reference if nothing else.

IMHO

Persevere.

Posted by Ken on July 15, 2003 at 12:40:32:

Scott,
Thanks for your good sense reply.

Believe I will go with DOW first. Have spent
hours reading Lonnie’s and Ernest’s articles.

Cannot continue to procastinate. Must make decision
on purchase of material, read and then do it.

Look forworad to hearing from you again.

Ken
Branford, Fl

Posted by Ken on July 13, 2003 at 10:14:06:

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your quick response.

Do you think Earnest would be willing to talk
to me. Sure would like to get some solid advise.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Ken

thanks! - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on July 14, 2003 at 10:31:42:

Didn’t know that about FL, thanks for the clarification.

Anne