Newbie. Where do I start? - Posted by Shonda Taylor

Posted by Shonda on May 22, 2000 at 13:16:38:

Thank you for responding. It is very important to me to get started on the right path. Oh yeah, is it okay to keep your email handy if I have questions? I just left a message for my local REIA here in Dayton, Oh to send me a member package. Thanks Again!

Newbie. Where do I start? - Posted by Shonda Taylor

Posted by Shonda Taylor on May 22, 2000 at 09:34:41:

Recently, I let my real estate license expire— because it was too costly and most of all the phrase " do real estate part-time" was a crock. I found myself doing it full-time only to receive a 3%-4% commission in addition to working full-time job at a high school. I am currently a loan officer who feels that R.E. investing is the way to financially free me and have some fun with life. I am sure this work background will have its advantages in the field but since the experience in both areas is under 1 year— I feel I need some guidance. I have no clue where to begin, what courses to take, etc. This site is very infomative, now what?

Re: Newbie. Where do I start? - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on May 22, 2000 at 09:52:09:

Shonda: Welcome to the best real estate investor site on the net. By reading the posts on a regular basis you can garner some useful information, however by clicking on Books & Articles in the yellow column on the left you can choose from a great selection of material you may wish to purchase. There are some great FREE articles available that you can print off and create your own reference material. Explore all the options available in the yellow column to your left on the main page. You can also learn if there is an REIA group in your area/city that you can attend the evening meetings. They are fantastic in my city!
Give yourself some time to learn this side of the fence because it is sometimes difficult for Realtors to see our point of view, so to speak. I’m quite certain you will do well if you really want to. God bless, may you be happy & well.