Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by Reginald

Posted by David C. Cooper on June 25, 2007 at 13:55:17:

Thank you Michaela, that site doesn’t have listings for Del Norte (95531 on the OR border), but will come in handy when I go to So. Cal.

^^

Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by Reginald

Posted by Reginald on June 22, 2007 at 12:39:04:

I got a call from a seller who want to get rid of her property proce she is asking is what is left on the mortgage $61,000. There are repairs that need to be done more than comsmetic ex Dry walling, new windows, ect.

My question is:

what is the best site to find comps.

I looked at MLS.com and Realtor.com

Any info you have is greatly appreciated.

Re: Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by Reginald

Posted by Reginald on June 25, 2007 at 05:30:50:

Thank you everyone for the information it is greatly appreciated

Re: Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by David C. Cooper

Posted by David C. Cooper on June 22, 2007 at 14:02:46:

I think the best source for comps is a local RE agent. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with one agent who spent way more time and gave me a lot more information than I would’ve ever expected her to for free.

You can also look at zillow.com, justlisted.com, domania.com

You’ll find more if you keep reading the forum here.

Re: Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by richie rich

Posted by richie rich on June 22, 2007 at 19:17:34:

try googling “gis maps” for your county these are the sites that the county assessor uses. find the gis maps under these maps you can search property for the given county and they will at least give you a general idea of what people have been paying for the homes in the area and they will give you the date the home was sold. the county site may be hard to navigate but if you get back to me on your county i can give you the links to go to to find the maps

Re: Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by David C. Cooper

Posted by David C. Cooper on June 24, 2007 at 12:17:12:

I looked up GIS maps for Del Norte County, CA and found a lot of topographic maps. I downloaded a cool little program that opens and edits the DEM files, but none of these maps show sales data. They are great for looking at elevation, though. The program I found even shows different flood levels in 3D.

8^D

Where can I find GIS maps with sales data?

Re: Newbie Wholesaler - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on June 25, 2007 at 10:22:42:

I don’t know where del norte county is, but if you’re anywhere near the bay area, then you can get a lot at www.redfin.com

Michaela