Newbies in Michigan... - Posted by KJ

Posted by KJ on January 13, 2001 at 16:10:49:

Hi Hatmat,
E-mail me off-line maybe we could bounce ideas off each other. I’m in the downriver area.
KJ

Newbies in Michigan… - Posted by KJ

Posted by KJ on January 13, 2001 at 02:10:18:

Hi,
Are there any newbies in Michigan that will be attending the convention? It’s a little intimidating for me, though I’ll make every effort to go. Just wanted to know if anyone else feel the same way.
kj

Re: Newbies in Michigan… - Posted by Robert Mi

Posted by Robert Mi on January 14, 2001 at 13:44:47:

hi, kj
i went to the mobile home convention and it was great and all the people were very helpful. it’s so fun just to jump right in. i plan on going.you will get a chance to meet great people and share ideas(like Blane who has been very nice and helpful to me.) with all the newbie’s in mich. looks like we should start a group and have lunch. give me an email if you like.

Robert MI

Re: Newbies in Michigan… - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on January 13, 2001 at 20:49:08:

KJ,

I was a Michigan newbie attending my first convention last year. I cannot emphasize enough that you should go. At that time wasn’t sure what area of investing I wanted to get into. I too was very intimidated.

When I got there, I had a blast!! The guest speakers were great (loved Jeffrey Taylor!), and actually did most of my learning in THE BAR. That’s because I got to meet great folks like Phil Fernandez, HR, Steve Cook, Lonnie and Joanne Scruggs and a host of others. They all freely shared information on deals they’ve done, and seem to enjoy sharing info and helping others. I decided after the convention to get into mobile homes. This year I’m branching out to another area, to be determined soon. All my successes are due to what I’ve learned through creonline and all the great folks associated with them.

Send me a private email if you’d like, I’m downriver as well. Would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Blane

Re: Newbies in Michigan… - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on January 13, 2001 at 19:03:49:

booking soon…:>)

Re: Newbies in Michigan… - Posted by Hatmat

Posted by Hatmat on January 13, 2001 at 15:53:42:

KJ, I and my partner (actually my sister-in-law) will hopefully be seeing you in Atlanta. We are newbies too from the Detroit area. Looking forward to it!
–Hattie

Re: Newbies in Michigan… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on January 13, 2001 at 09:10:47:

KJ,

You’ll find a nice mix of new investors, old time investors, and investors that have done a few deals. It’s probably around a third of each. Having gone to the last two and already signed up again for this years convention, I can tell you it’s an extremely friendly helpful group. The older guys make the newer guys feel right at home. And you will notice this right away on Thursday when you arrive. I saw no egos, just everybody having a great time. We are still learning also. Doesn’t matter how long you’ve been in the business, there is always something to learn.

Hope this helps.