Newby Asking Refinancing Advice - Posted by Abby

Posted by charles DE on November 16, 1998 at 19:25:33:

I live in Lewes, DE. Try the following local banks.

County Bank 302-226-9800

Delaware natl bank 302-855-2420

MNC Mortg 800-354-8673

PNC 800-736-3785

There are more ofcourse.

Oh, try Bob Sturla at Approved Mortgage Capital, a mortgage brokerage. Just dealt with him. Very professional. 1-800-307-9001. Tell him Chuck Guy gave you his name.

Newby Asking Refinancing Advice - Posted by Abby

Posted by Abby on November 16, 1998 at 14:21:34:

Here is yet another question from a Newbie.

I’m looking for a good web site (or other resource) to determine a good interest rate for refinancing a second home in Delaware (we live in Virginia) so that I can pay off some debts and get into REI with a “clean slate.” My credit standing, I believe, is excellent.

Does anyone know of a good web site or other resource to locate a good rate, other than making a bunch of long-distance calls to another state or getting a copy of their local newspaper?

Thanks, very much, in advance. And thanks for all of the excellent advise that so many of you so generously share. The more I learn from all of you, the more I know I need to learn!

Thanks!

Abby

Re: Newby Asking Refinancing Advice - Posted by sjm

Posted by sjm on November 17, 1998 at 09:05:39:

Try:

www.mortgagequotes.com

They have a credit evaluation worksheet which will give you an idea of your creditworthiness (A, B, C, etc.)

Steve

Re: Newby Asking Refinancing Advice - Posted by Paul Macdonald

Posted by Paul Macdonald on November 16, 1998 at 21:59:50:

Abbey,

Why go to an out of state lender? You can refi your Delaware house just as easy from Virginia. Just use a lender thats approved in both states. Piece of cake.