news group manners - Posted by linda

Posted by linda on March 25, 2002 at 06:24:24:

Thanks for the support. It’s never too late to adjust your e-mail response address and most accounts like aol & hotmail give you multiple screen names for free! (Of course, I’m in the web hosting business so it’s TOO easy for me)

Linda

news group manners - Posted by linda

Posted by linda on March 24, 2002 at 23:28:16:

I had a newsgroup member instant message me while I was working on line. Although I appreciate replies to my postings, I would prefer that these be done via another post or via e-mail. I don’t want to be rude, but I was working with a client and it was rather embarassing.

I changed my e-mail on this site to a “read only” address so this won’t happen again. Am I being a jerk or does anyone else find I/M’s from strangers a little odd?

Linda

Re: news group manners - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on March 25, 2002 at 24:09:43:

Although I’ve never used instant messaging, I don’t think your being a jerk at all

One of the side effects of posting on the board is the numerous off-site requests for information. I average 10 - 12 a day. Once, when I posted an illustration of a flipping scenario based on terms of sale I received over one hundred emails in a two day period. It’s not a deliberate slight, but folks pushed down in the stack are still waiting for a reply.

I really can’t imagine the number of emails that are received every day by Ron Starr, JohnBoy, Steve Cook, or Joe Kaiser.

I read a suggestion to use one email address exclusively for posts on CREonline. Unfortunately, I read it after I had used my main email address a hundred times. You may have better luck.