Newspaper ads...I need ideas - Posted by Oklahoma

Posted by eric-fl on March 06, 2002 at 16:28:34:

I’ll not presume to speak for Tim, but usually when people advise this, it is based on the logic that when someone first begins contemplating selling, they look to see what other houses in their neighborhood are listed for. Then, while Sally Seller is perusing the ads in her area, boom!, there’s an ad from someone that buys houses. Hmm, wouldn’t that be nice, to just be able to call somebody and be done with it, to not go through the hassle? It couldn’t hurt to at least call them and find out what they can do, right?

This also flows into your second question about your farming area, to which the answer would be “yes”.

Newspaper ads…I need ideas - Posted by Oklahoma

Posted by Oklahoma on March 05, 2002 at 19:58:00:

I need some help. I’ve been running an ad for two months that looks like this: I BUY HOUSES. Cash or full price with flexible terms. Call xxx-xxxx.

In the two months it’s been running I have only had 4 calls. It is in the Real Estate Wanted section of the local newspaper. Do you think the size of the city has something to do with the response I’m getting? I live in a city of 27,000 people.

There is only one other investor ad in the paper. So, I don’t believe that’s what’s killing the calls.

What suggestions do you all have to get a better response?

Thanks for your help!

OK

Put the ad in the HOMES FOR SALE section. NT - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 05, 2002 at 21:38:33:

:slight_smile:

Re: Newspaper ads…I need ideas - Posted by J. Christopher

Posted by J. Christopher on March 05, 2002 at 20:54:27:

Oklahoma,

My ad says this:

I BUY HOUSES
ANY AREA/CONDITION
CALL (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I have it in the local newspaper. It works great.
Hope that helps.

J. Christopher

Re: Put the ad in the HOMES FOR SALE section. NT - Posted by Heidi W

Posted by Heidi W on March 06, 2002 at 16:10:17:

Tim,

I’m confused…

Wouldn’t the paper not want an I BUY HOUSES ad in that section? Seems to me like your targeting motivated buyers - not sellers. Please explain why this works.

Also - my Homes for Sale section goes by area. If I did this - would I put the ad in my FARM section?

Thanks for clarifying.

Heidi