newspaper ads? - Posted by john

Posted by john on June 29, 2003 at 13:47:29:

Reguardless I am not going to stop my daily cold calling on same day pre-foreclosure listings that I have cherry picked. Cold calling is how I have made a living in home improvement sales in the last 3 plus years, many if not all of my biggest deals have come from door knocking. I believe the angry seller in pre-foreclosure is some made-up boggie man, I always bang on their door and try to get in the house to sit down and talk with them. Currently I am working on the follow up program, but honestly I am sure there are better ideas and approaches, such as cold calling maybe 20 or 30 days before the actual sale? I am hoping that my follow up system will keep my name and number in their mind, but time will tell and I am sure there are other possibly more effective methods.

John

newspaper ads? - Posted by john

Posted by john on June 29, 2003 at 13:21:19:

Many years ago I ran some different ads looking for homes in the pennysaver and actual news papers in California, has anyone had any great success with newspaper ads in general?

My results were rather varied to poor overall. Now I have a 888 number that links to my cell phone and I am considering running some ads in either the Tacoma Tribune or the Seattle Times here in Washington. ( I have had limited success with bandit ads here in Washington for home improvement)

Talking to many different people about many different businesses that have or are running ads in the local newspaper, my overall opinion seems to be that results can and do vary rather dramatically.

My recent experience with placing actual ads for my home improvement business is that it is hard to break even or make a profit, unless you are willing to risk a huge chunk of cash for a very large ad in the front pages of the paper?

John