Newspaper Ads That Work... - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by JohnK(CA) on February 23, 1999 at 24:47:04:

Mark,
You might try a more condensed ad that will be less expensive to run on a continual basis. Most people that are familiar with advertising will tell you that you need to run the ad for a considerable period of time for it to really pay off.
The first few times,the ad may not be seen by the motivated sellers that you will be looking for.
I run the following ad daily.

I Buy Houses, Private Party, Fast Close, Any condition Call John XXX-XXXX.

My wife has built her own home based business,almost entirely on an ad that has been running daily in the local paper for 6 years. We believe in being consistant. Others may come and go but we can always be found in the classified section.
Good luck
JohnK(CA)

Newspaper Ads That Work… - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by Mark (MI) on February 22, 1999 at 15:38:33:

Can somebody give me ideas as to newspaper ads that will attract sellers of homes I can flip or even buy with seller financing with reasonable terms? Thanks in advance…

Newspaper Ads That Work… - Posted by Ben (IN)

Posted by Ben (IN) on February 22, 1999 at 21:59:34:

Dear Mark,

Try this. It should get your phone to ring.

Need a fast sale? This time next week you could have a
Sold House! I buy houses, all price ranges, quick close. Serious buyer. Call …

Mark … realize though that an ad isn’t going to buy a house for you. It just going to get the phone to ring. Its up to you to negotiate the deal with the seller.

You ad can be as salacious as you want just as long as it makes people call. What happens after they call is up to you.

You can write the “perfect” ad attract the most qualified seller, and still screw it up on the phone by blowing your negotiating.

even “I Buy Houses, Cash.” is a good ad, if not a little commonplace nowadays. But it still gets the phone to ring.

Bone up on your negotiating, so that when the motivated people do call you, you don’t screw it up.

Ben (IN)

Creative Ads - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on February 22, 1999 at 18:35:10:

I’m sure there are a lot of creative ads, but I saw one that impressed me, it went something like this:

STOP! Thinking of listing your house with an agent? Before you agree to pay thousands of dollars in commission, why not call me? I buy houses and might buy yours. I am not a real estate agent. (000) 123-4567.

When I read it I thought to myself: Right on. The guy gets first crack at the house. Way to go.

Re: Creative Ads - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by Mark (MI) on February 22, 1999 at 21:25:06:

Thanks Sean… I do think that ad is very creative and it does kind of catch your eye.