Nick's Napoleon Hill "Secret" Question - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Nancy in NC on March 29, 1999 at 21:35:17:

Bill’s answer is the sum total of knowledge required to live a full and sucessful life. It works with family and friends, co-workers, and investing. I am so glad that people who think and talk about such concepts are on CREonline.

Not only are we interested in making money but in creating sucess in character.

GOD BLESS TO ALL AND REMEMBER TO KEEP A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE

HAVE FUN

Nick’s Napoleon Hill “Secret” Question - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on March 29, 1999 at 14:38:50:

This is an attempt to answer Nick’s very important original post re. Napoleon Hill’s “Secret.” Tried to post directly, but kept getting bumped off (?). So had to make a new post (soooory).

Originally, Nick asked what the “secret” was, and received a dozen answers–each different and more cryptic than the question itself (in some cases anyway). So here’s the true, absolute, defintive, non-debatable unquestionable answer (once and for all).

-0-

We all dance in a ring and suppose
But the secret sits in the middle and knows.

Robert Frost, The Secret Sits

'Doesn’t apply either, of course, but it’s the only poem short enough for me to remember all the way through. And its the same “secret” Napoleon Hill refers to.

Bill

P.S., OK, the “Secret.” What I finally learned, after pondering the same question for many years, is that one either gets back 10 times what he/she honestly puts forth (good or bad), or gets back nothing. In other words, there are three gears here: Positive, Negative and Neutral. This is, as a matter-of-fact, the very basis for the concepts of tithing and prayer (i.e., “release” and “affirmation”).

Look at it like this: When you cast money (the essence of wordly being or achievement) and/or thought (the essence of spiritual being) into the Universe, they are returned to you in refined, expanded and finished form (your “growth”)… multiplied by ten (“rich”).

NEGATIVE GEAR: Should those ideas (thoughts) or objectives be malevolent, the universe couldn’t care less–they still come back in the 10X proportions; but leave you forever pondering why someone so smart and successful could be so terribly unhappy and unfulfilled… and beset with so many life problems.

NEUTRAL GEAR: Should your thoughts (your “conceptions”) be wholly decent but all, or predominatly, self-serving, the positivity of the hope within them is neutralized by the negativity of their selfishness. As a result you can only end up exactly where you started from… wondering everyday why nothing you try ever works right, and why your prayers or affirmations are never answered. It’s “up” one minute, and “down” the next: success followed by failure, one after another, after another (after a long period of being broke, you win $2,000 at the track, then find the next day that you just got hit with a tax lien).

POSITIVE GEAR: Should your thoughts (hoped for gain or achievement) be openly clear, well designed and wholly, or largely (mostly)unselfish: you only need to stand right where you already are in order to reap all the rewards of the flow back to you.

How long does all this it take, once set into practice? Exactly 1.75 seconds.

Why am I sharing this with you? Because it will come back to me in exactly… Oops! There it is now! Whoopee! See!

Bill

Re: Nick’s Napoleon Hill “Secret” Question - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on March 29, 1999 at 23:12:23:

I am quite impressed by Mr. Gatten’s explanation. I don’t know exactly why, because I’m a relative newcomer to this site, but…I didn’t expect that from him. My compliments, Sir! I have spent a lot of years trying to understand why my life has been the way
the way it has. I learned, finally, by pursuing my
spiritual connection to something greater than myself.
What an enlightenment it has been for me. Some seem to
know this early in life…others, like some on this site, are not ready to learn it as yet. Their struggle
(journey)is at a different point than Mr. Gatten’s.
Some take longer than others, it isn’t bad or good, it just is. And so it was with me. I now understand
exactly what Mr. Gatten is saying because I practice it
every moment…and with gratitude for knowing how it
works in my life.

Thanks, Bill G. for all that you give away…because you know it comes back to you. You certainly have a
talent with the spoken word. May you be happy & well.

Re: Nick’s Napoleon Hill “Secret” Question - Posted by chill

Posted by chill on March 29, 1999 at 16:29:11:

Lovely, Bill

(I’m a fan of Napoleon Hill too.)