No calls, now what? - Posted by Booker T

Posted by LeonNC on April 02, 2002 at 12:48:08:

Booker T,

It sounds like you’re doing all the right stuff. Keep doing it…keep marketing. Three weeks is not enough time. If you said three months than I would be concerned you were doing something very wrong. They WILL call you! Wait till you put out those bandit signs. I hope you’re ready for those calls because they WILL call. Be ready for them. Also, don’t just sit around waiting for the phone to ring. Get in your car and drive looking for deals.

LeonNC

No calls, now what? - Posted by Booker T

Posted by Booker T on April 02, 2002 at 12:30:43:

I’ve been at this for three weeks. I have three more weeks of my penny saver ad left. I’ve been driving to and from work with my magnetic signs on car. I placed 1000 business cards on countertops, bathrooms, malls and pay phones. My bandit signs should be at my door step today. What I’m I doing wrong? How come no calls? I’m really getting discourged.

Re: No calls, now what? - Posted by BobbyGA

Posted by BobbyGA on April 02, 2002 at 15:10:19:

May want to change your ad a little. In my area, there are about 10 “I BUY HOUSES!” ads and “CASH FOR HOUSES” ads. I’m sure they get a lot of calls, but mine would look the same and I might be the 10th or so investor they call. I changed mine to a normal (and free) classified in the local shopper “Wanted: 3 BR house in here, there, or over there. Will pay cash or other.” This was my first go round. It started yesterday and I’ve had 10 calls this morning.

Re: No calls, now what? - Posted by Jeff - Utah

Posted by Jeff - Utah on April 02, 2002 at 14:42:50:

What is the bandit sign

Re: No calls, now what? - Posted by Scot - SoCal

Posted by Scot - SoCal on April 02, 2002 at 13:16:45:

Leon and Joe are on the money. The calls will come.

But now is the time for you to practice your ‘chops’ when talking to a seller. From my experience, I recommend calling a few FSBOs from a paper. Not with the idea that your going to get a deal (but you might). But with the idea of practicing talking to sellers and some of the questions they might bring up. You’ll also see what less motivated sellers sound like, so it will be easier to spot the real motivated ones when they call.

Keep your head high - the calls will come with those bandit signs.

Re: No calls, now what? - Posted by bob

Posted by bob on April 02, 2002 at 13:04:29:

What’s your ad say??? If it’s “I Buy Houses” or “I Buy UGLY Houses”, the phone calls will start.

Patience, grasshopper . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on April 02, 2002 at 12:55:13:

It would be nice to know that by doing a little marketing you are guaranteed the phone will ring . . . but it doesn’t work like that.

When sellers are motivated enough, they’ll call, and there’s little you can do to change that. Your goal should be to get your name, number and message into their hands and be able to hang on until the phone does ring. So far, it always has (but never often enough, if you ask me).

In the meantime, think about how things will work when someone does call. Review your set up, you game plan, your documetation. Develop your contacts, talk to a lawyer or an escrow agent or title company and figure out all the things you’ll need to know so when that phone does ring, your ready to rock and roll.

Joe