No Experince, No money, No mentor - Posted by Alder M. Jackson

Posted by Alder M. Jackson on January 17, 2001 at 17:25:15:

I am Willing to do whatever it takes to be successful in the business.

No Experince, No money, No mentor - Posted by Alder M. Jackson

Posted by Alder M. Jackson on January 17, 2001 at 17:22:45:

I am very interested in flipping properties. I am so motivated and have been doing a lot of reading. I love the challange of creative real estate. My problem is that i don’t know what to do first. I don’t know how to look for properties or where. I know nothing about contracts of financing but I am a quick study. Also I am 20 years old and i want to know if I must be 21 to conduct these transactions. Please help me. With a little help and direction I could Could Be Great. I am not in it for the money, I kinda feel like it is my destiny. I am so serious if there is anyone willing to help me, my name is Alder and I live in chicago il. My cell phone# is 773-392-5636. If you would like to train me to work for you give me a call A.S.A.P.

Alder M. Jackson

Re: No Experince, No money, No mentor - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on January 17, 2001 at 22:54:49:

Alder,
Where in Chicago?
The actual city? if so, what part?
Suburbs? Which one?

I am also in the Chicagoland area, and have recently started working with some newer investors to help them get started.
Feel free to e-mail me off the board and we can talk further.

Take care,
Jim IL

Re: No Experince, No money, No mentor - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on January 17, 2001 at 18:03:25:

Alder,

I applaud your enthusiasm. You appear to be very charged up and ready to do the work necessary to be successful.

I believe you only need to be 18 to enter into a contract. Though, you might want to verify that for your state.

If you want to be successful in this business, I suggest you:

1. Invest in your education
  2. Join your local Real Estate Investors Association
  3. Start making offers

YOUR EDUCATION

• Inexpensive, but difficult route: Buy a few books on creative real estate purchase strategies. One example is “Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate” by Ron LeGrand. While books are inexpensive, they can’t possibly cover all the necessary details. Personally, I found it very difficult to get started (the right way) just by reading a book.
  • More expensive, but worth every penny and more: Buy a course (or two) to learn the in’s and out’s required. The courses offered on this website are excellent material. In fact, you could consider the likes of Bronchick, LeGrand, Kaiser, etc. your mentors since they’re courses hold your hand through every step.

JOIN YOUR REIA

• Hit the links at this website to find out the contact information for your local REIA club. You’ll find the local sharing of ideas very helpful to your learning.

START MAKING OFFERS

• Lots of education without action will get you nowhere.
  • It will feel awkward, you will be nervous, but you CAN do this.

Here’s to your success!
Monique