No Income - Posted by Jeremy

Posted by jeremy on May 01, 1999 at 15:11:34:

I’m interested in your recommendation on calling “I buy houses” ads. I’ve seen a lot of them in the paper. Do I just ask if they offer finder’s fees and what kind of properties they’re after? Even if it’s a moderate amount of money, I’d really like some cash that I could invest in books and courses, and this seems like a pretty simple way to make a few bucks.

No Income - Posted by Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy on April 28, 1999 at 11:52:12:

I’m very interested in investing in real estate but I don’t have a job. Will I still be able to find financing for homes even if I don’t have an income?

Re: No Income - Posted by Baltimore BirdDog

Posted by Baltimore BirdDog on April 28, 1999 at 15:45:24:

Jeremy,

You’re probably in a better position than most of us, because you have lots of time. While you can pursue a variety of areas of real estate investing without any of your own money, I recommend flipping (wholesaling) houses to rehabbers. It’s a quick way to generate chunks of cash (conservative average of $3,000 per deal). Ron LeGrand’s courses are a great way to start your education and get rolling.

If you have absolutely no money to spare to buy LeGrand’s Wholesale/Retail course or his Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate course, you might want to go to your local real estate investors meeting and/or call the “I BUY HOUSES” ads in the Real Estate Wanted section of the paper. Many of these people will give you a few hundred bucks in birddog fees for every house that you find that they buy. With this money, you can then buy Ron’s course and get started. In the meantime, you can buy his book “Fast Cash with Quick Turn Real Estate” for about $20 on www.amazon.com. It gives a good outline of the business and will help with your understanding of the courses once you can afford them.

Lots of luck to you. Hope this helps. If you want to succeed in REI, you’ve come to the right place at CREOnline.

-Jeremy Amsden