no money down - Posted by dante

Posted by Arthur on July 16, 2003 at 15:11:54:

If your a newbie, then you should grab a few books and read up. You can pick up some informative books for under $20. I’d be surprised if anyone told you here how to, as entire books have been written on thw subject.

Good luck.

no money down - Posted by dante

Posted by dante on July 16, 2003 at 13:20:54:

I am new to real estate investing, but I am very serious about doing this long-term. What are the steps I need to take to close a deal without using any of my own money? I also must add that my credit is just mediocre.

Re: no money down - Posted by GL-ON

Posted by GL-ON on July 16, 2003 at 15:44:31:

The lease option is the current popular favorite. Try this site for an excellent free book.

http://www.resultsnow.com/p358.

It has been advertised on this site for months.

The classic book is Robert Allen’s Nothing Down.If it’s not in the library you can find it in used book stores for $1 or $2. Anything by Allen will be on the same theme. You can get a free book on his web site called The Challenge, about newbies buying real estate with no money down.

Check out the Success Stories and How To articles on this site.

Read the posts on this board, most of them are about buying with little or no money down.

Shawn Dostie posted early this week about being offered 31 rental units for nothing down by an investor who is retiring. The thread is near the bottom of the page by now, if you want a real live example there it is.

Re: no money down - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on July 16, 2003 at 15:43:51:

When we lack credit, cash, and collateral, we can use knowledge and focused effort as substitutes. But, it takes time to absorb knowledge to the point where it’s readily usable. Anyone, having no knowledge of real estate, can do a no-money-down deal. Profitable ones are rarer and take some degree of skill. It’s much easier to learn from the experience of others, than it is to have to experience every situation by ourselves. On this board, I wouldn’t have a problem with accepting the consensus as being correct.

I’ve temporarily misplaced the URL of the beginners post written by JohnBoy. If you do an archive search (top of the page) for JohnBoy and a few key words, like “beginner” or “starting out,” you’ll find it.

One URL for Ron * Starr’s, “beginners success” post is at http://www.real-estate-online.com/wwwboard/messages/60032.html Check the date to make sure it?s a recent version.