No Money Down - Posted by Rick Fossett

Posted by Jim Pack on January 26, 2000 at 13:30:22:

I agree with both of you, Rick and Paul. I bought the CS course about 5 years ago. Most of the principles were sound, some were not. Try doing a Wrap-around mortgage in Georgia, the banks will throw you out in the street! I don’t know if you can do it in other parts of the country, though. Most bank mortgages have an acceleration or due-on-sale clause, plus you have to ask them in writing if you can change ownership. Also, there is a long section on creating and discounting notes. Most people are still wondering just exactly how and where you can take your note to exchange it for cash. The basics are there, if you read, study, talk to people and practice doing it. I also had to buy 10 or 12 other books that talk about the same subject just to get a different view or more in-depth knowledge than Charleton offered.

Buy it? Darn right! It works! See my post about Charleton Sheets’ course. Paul, you should try and focus on building a house with as little money as possible, even if you have to spend 12 months doing everything yourself or getting your buddies that do the electrical, plumbing and roofing to help you. Sell it, take the money and do it again on your spare time (I know you probably don’t have much, cause my wife owns a construction company). After a while, you have a house that you didn’t have to go to the bank to get a construction loan for. Eventually, YOU can be the bank and start onwner financing to your buyers. Start getting enough on down payments to get more properties. Look at foreclosures, scour the newspaper for deals. There are plenty of books out there on the subject. The only thing holding you back is procrastination or thinking it is too hard to do. Good Luck. I am a private individual who is trying to make a living, too. I am not affiliated with Charleton Sheets or any body else.

No Money Down - Posted by Rick Fossett

Posted by Rick Fossett on January 22, 2000 at 08:02:14:

I was watching TV this morning and saw the Carelton Sheets infomercial. It seems very interesting but, does it work like they said on the program? I have a limited income and not much money, so if I spend $200.00 on a program I want to be sure that it will work. Can someone help me please?

What are the odds? small book - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on January 22, 2000 at 12:40:35:

Your Mileage may vary…What portion of the students that work the course end up being much better off after 5-7 years (or even 5-7 months)? What is the success ratio? If it was a majority the people that took the course I think they would advertise the heck out of it! One of the other gurus did some research and the mailman guy that bought 5 or 6 houses on his block is an actor. If that has libelous I think there would be a lawsuit in a New York minute. My point is even at $2-300 dollars a pop the Sheets course is good (but is it an excellent value?)to have. You should try and scope out the environment of your area and ask what method would work best and ask for a course with that in mind. Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight. By using the proper method for the area you can easily increase your results (results are what counts!)by a factor of 2-300%!

If money is your problem you can get the same course (used, no phone support) on E-Bay for $85-55 bucks. I think you could get the same info with $200 dollars worth of books, (but you would have to READ them) and listening to the tapes or CDs is very EASY. Most people fail in the DOING part, that is they are brainwashed into thinking that they can’t get a loan or their credit is bad or they HAVE TO HAVE a RE agent. So mainly it is a matter of persistence, education and good marketing. I would say that if you work at it over 2 years your odds of an “average” success are 3 out of 4.
That is you will make a $10-15K return on your money (less than $4K)if you go to the right RE market in your area and if you are persistent. That is my spin on things I have only mentored to 8-12 people in the last 4 years (but some of my “students” are doing just as well as I was in the early 90’s.

Re: What are the odds? small book - Posted by Paul Shroyer

Posted by Paul Shroyer on January 22, 2000 at 16:45:21:

Dear Rick
My name is Paul.I am a carpenter at the age of 31.I can build a house any size from the ground up,but could not stop living from paycheck to paycheck.The NO MONEY DOWN course is worth it’s weight in gold.I bought the course in June of 1999.It not only help my wife and myself with the stress of little to money.It also help me build my home improvement company(PVS Home Improvement). My advice is to buy it.