Posted by Brian on March 09, 1999 at 13:51:40:

Here is my proposal to all of you people who are flipping
properties and doing no money down deals and talking up a
storm. I have money to invest, and I will pay you money if
you can show me some actual evidince that you did buy
real estate with no money down. I will travel to your city
and I will pay you to show me how I can too do no money down
deals? But, remember, I want to see some actual proof than
if everything is verified than I will pay you. Any takers?
A guy named Bill posted a similare article and he was
flamed by the very same experts who claim that they are
making lots and lots and lots of money by doing no money
down deals.

RE: Back-Handed Request for a Mentor - Posted by VRobertson

Posted by VRobertson on March 12, 1999 at 15:35:37:

It doesn’t appear to have occurred to anyone else here that this is just a request for mentoring.

Brian has asked for hands-on details of a no-money-down deal and offered payment for the privilege, so why all the in-your-face attitude, people? Because he’s frustrated, you get to be rude? Please.

How would you have responded if the post had read:
“I’m desperately seeking a mentor to provide hands-on training in creative real estate deals. I’ll travel to your market. I need a written summary or log of the deal afterwards as a reference tool.”

That’s exactly what he said, except his frustration level was a lot higher.

Re: No money down, where is the proof? - Posted by Kieran

Posted by Kieran on March 10, 1999 at 18:22:24:

So, has Brian put his money where his mouth is with anyone yet… or was he just a kid trying to get a reaction on here?

Re: No money down, where is the proof? - Posted by Bill in OR

Posted by Bill in OR on March 10, 1999 at 09:44:57:

OK- make your reservation. I am closing another deal here… I received money in my pocket when I executed the option… and more than $32K net in my pocket when I close the sale this week. took 3 months.
you can make arrangements by emailing me above.
I can always use a little more profit…

Re: No money down, where is the proof? - Posted by al

Posted by al on March 09, 1999 at 20:57:17:

Brian,email me ill show you how its done.I love to teach,this isnt much of a challenge you can either come where i live or if you dont live far i`ll come there.

A story… - Posted by Fran

Posted by Fran on March 09, 1999 at 20:18:42:

When I was ready to make my way into the world, my daddy sat me down and said to me, “Son,” he said, “I wish I were in the position to stake you to a very large claim, but not having the neccessary lettuce to get you rolling, I will, instead stake you to a very important piece of advice.”

“Son,” my daddy says to me, “one day a man will approach you holding a deck of cards, on which the seal has not yet been broken. He will, then, bet you all the money you have that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of that deck and squirt cider in your ear. Son, you do not take this bet, because as sure as you are standing there, you will end up with an ear full of cider.”

Just a thought.

Fran

Brian: You’ve got a lot to learn - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on March 09, 1999 at 19:39:46:

All you have to do is read a few examples of what people say they have done. Why do you think it’s impossible? Frankly, most people who give advice here don’t talk about no money down, or that you can get wealthy in a year, like some of the TV gurus do. You are right to disbelieve those guys. Nearly everyone in the business knows it takes money, hard work, time and talent to make serious money. But that doesn’t mean that a person can’t take a position for little, or even no cost, and if they know what they are doing, sell that position to someone with cash. That’s how many people get their start, and that’s called no money down. The operative words are “they know what they are doing”. Knowledge is more important than money, because with knowledge, you discover the deals, and the money will be there.

P.S. For whatever it’s worth Brian, here’s a little wisdom to carry with you througout life. If you meet a person who wants to bet you he can do something that you KNOW cannot be done, don’t ever take that bet, because he’ll do it everytime.

P.P.S. Now, I think you should send me at least a couple hundred bucks for all this wisdom, not to mention saving you from betting the nice folks down below. They would have carved you up (metaphorically speaking) like a Christmas goose.

Good gravy… - Posted by Carol FL

Posted by Carol FL on March 09, 1999 at 19:21:10:

Brian, that’s the equivalent of a snail asking an erect biped to prove that he can walk on two feet.

Would be glad to show you’proof’, but to what end? There is enough info about it here to skin the Titanic.

Please, if you want to make a challenge, make it something challenging.
Carol
Carol

Are you Flying in to bring me my Money… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 09, 1999 at 18:57:24:

And when? Did four of them last month. You call me put the money in Escrow and we’ll talk, I’ll fax you documents and teach you when you get here. Let’s see who is for real? You could have come to Dallas and learned for $395!!!

David Alexander

(972)319-9040 pgr.

Why Are You on The Creonline??? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on March 09, 1999 at 17:17:33:

Brian:

You seem to spend a lot of time here in creonline? For what??? You don’t believe it, because You haven’t try it. Or You did, but fail. Why don’t You spend your time elsewhere? People here wants to learn, not listen to B*ST.

I have been offer no money down deals, but I turn them down. The reason is that I am only a beginner and I am not familar with the area. I KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO DO!!!

Rob

Re: Any day if you have the guts ! - Posted by Dan Fink

Posted by Dan Fink on March 09, 1999 at 16:56:59:

Get on a plane come to baltimore md and i wil do any number of deals you like and never take any money out of my pocket. Is that proof enough for you?

How ever i am not cheap after I show you how> I will take every dollar out of your pocket

so be sure to bring you life savings. and it better be in the six figures, even at that It will still be a bargin.

The real story will be some people have it to make it some don’t. My guess is you don’t so YOU can now put up or shut up.

I am real and will prove every deal once your money is escrow of course!

Re: No money down, where is the proof? - Posted by johnman

Posted by johnman on March 09, 1999 at 16:33:08:

Brian,
I have one NOW! I can show you the contract we signed and the property itself. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.
just e-mail me back.
Johnman

Re: No money down, where is the proof? - Posted by Russ,IL

Posted by Russ,IL on March 09, 1999 at 16:29:43:

I’ve done it before and if things go well this week, I think I’m about to do it again. I’ll gladly take your money. Just email me to make arrangements.

Re: I’ve got proof - show me the money! - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on March 09, 1999 at 16:09:24:

And how much would this be worth to you Brian?

I can show you deals I’ve done not only with no money - but deals where the seller paid ME to take their house!

ABSOLUTLY! - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on March 09, 1999 at 14:41:24:

Brian,

I am in. Please Email me away from this board and we will coordinate dates and times.

Thanks,

karp

Re: No money down, where is the proof? - Posted by Darren

Posted by Darren on March 09, 1999 at 14:02:54:

What is your point? Sounds like you just want someone to do your homework for you. Educate yourself, and put that money flying all over the country to good use.

Re: RE: Back-Handed Request for a Mentor - Posted by KF

Posted by KF on March 12, 1999 at 16:50:52:

I agree with you on what he “meant”, but what better place to learn that “approach” and “tact” are what makes or breaks you in this business.

Re: A story… - Posted by natasha

Posted by natasha on March 09, 1999 at 23:00:44:

HUH?

forget brian! show me ! - Posted by jeryl

Posted by jeryl on March 09, 1999 at 18:42:16:

plz plz plz show me dont get me wrong i am reading but i need to know now dang it! if u see my above post i have 5k in the bank i know that might not seem alot but it does to me tell me what i should do with this money use it for a downpayment on a house and sell it?? what?

thx