No Negotiation? - Posted by Leonard

Posted by Leonard on July 05, 2003 at 10:46:00:

Thanks for the reply. I’ll give it a shot, but it does appear that they can get what they want so why should they settle for less.

One more question though.

The condo will be ready to move into next July. How long can one lock in rates for? I would have to put down earnest money (10%) upon the final closing, but not move in for a full year. What can I do to lock in these rate?

Thanks

No Negotiation? - Posted by Leonard

Posted by Leonard on July 05, 2003 at 06:47:09:

I live in the Chicago area and a developer is currently building 3 condos with a total over 150 units. There are only around 5 units left and the construction is not yet finished.

I have spoken to two others whom have purchased in one of the condos and they did not negotiate (paid asking price), saying that they did not have room to because the agent told them the properties were too hot and they can keep their price firm.

Could this actually be true? This will be my first purchase and I can’t imagine paying what they ask. If this is in fact the case, (which I don’t this so), what are some other items I could negotiate on?

Thanks for the input

Leonard

Re: No Negotiation? - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on July 05, 2003 at 13:38:21:

“No Negotiation” is merely a negotiations position. So, “not
negotiating” is very much negotiating.

Joe

Re: No Negotiation? - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on July 05, 2003 at 10:02:35:

The Realtor works for the SELLER? not the buyer, they will always say the price is not negotiable. It?s their job and their commission. In this case 5 out of 150 and not finished construction! Their probably right. However make an offer. A realtor has a legal obligation to present all genuine offers to the seller. Genuine offers are any offer that contains a contract to purchase real estate and earnest money deposit.

As for ?other things you can negotiate on?? That?s why is called Negotiation. You can negotiate on anything? price, terms, date of possession, personal property? but honestly I think you?re wasting your time.