non-local escrow companies? - Posted by rayrick

Posted by rayrick on March 03, 1999 at 10:54:48:

Hi Judy, I guess I don’t feel comfortable disseminating this info far and wide, since it is just a little local attorney’s office and they were a little baffled by my request. I explained what I wanted and they said “Sure, I guess we could do that” but they are not an “escrow company” in any meaningful sense. I could ask if they’d be interested in more business of this type, but I think I am one of their first customers as far as pure escrowing goes, and I’d be a little worried about how they’d react to suddenly receiving inquiries from many others. I suppose I could ask though if you’re really interested.

-Ray

non-local escrow companies? - Posted by rayrick

Posted by rayrick on March 02, 1999 at 22:28:39:

Hi all,
I’m struggling to find a good local company to place my L/O documents in escrow with. What do people consider a reasonable rate for this service? Is it a good idea to have it be a local company? Are there any non-local companies out there that people would recommend (I’m in Rhode Island)?
Thanks a bunch! I need this info ASAP! I’m signing with a seller tomorrow (if all goes according to plan). I don’t actually need to know the particular company yet, but I at least need to know how much it costs (roughly) since I’m asking him to split it with me. Okay,okay,I know it’s a little late to still be working out this particular detail!

-Ray

Re: non-local escrow companies? - Posted by Bronchick

Posted by Bronchick on March 03, 1999 at 10:18:05:

My company in Denver (Mile High TItle & Escrow, LLC - 303-398-7032) charges $100 to open escrow and $75 per year. That is about the going rate.

Re: non-local escrow companies? - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on March 03, 1999 at 14:15:07:

Bill,

Does your Escrow Co. handle all states? What would they charge for a straight Escrow (e.g., for a PAC Trust) where no title insurance is being ordered (lot book and date-down, or endorsement only) and where the whole enchilada would take no more than a week or two?

Thanks.

Bill

Re: non-local escrow companies? - Posted by rayrick

Posted by rayrick on March 03, 1999 at 10:23:18:

Thanks Bill. I found someone local this morning that will do it for a $150 flat fee with no additional annual upkeep fee. Glad to hear that they’re in the right ballpark (or maybe even a bargain!).

-Ray

Re: non-local escrow companies? - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on March 03, 1999 at 10:27:25:

Ray,

Could you give the readers the name of this $150 flat-fee escrow company?

Thank you