Nosey competitor - Posted by Philip

Posted by BIGDADDY on September 22, 2003 at 07:13:41:

Nosey competitor - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 21, 2003 at 19:06:54:

I finally got a call from someone who considers me his competitor. I am not worried one bit about what other’s are doing…but it seems some are worried.(And I only have 4 completed deals)
He asked question after question that I hedged on until I asked him his name…he was very slow to answer.
He finally cheesed me off when he asked what another one of my mobiles sold for…not the one I am advertising now.
This guy was irritating in his manner and he really annoyed me!
I think maybe I am in a bad mood.
Philip

Re: Nosey competitor - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 21, 2003 at 21:03:40:

Philip,
Goes with territory. There are always going to be people who feel threatned by what you do or “wanna be like Phil”.
I don’t even let myself get drawn into these conversations any more. If it sounds like a fishing expedition I use the “Tell me what you need and I’ll tell you if I can help you…” line and if that doesn’t work “Tell me why it is I should be talking to you” (rude but effective) followed by “click”.
All the best, Lyal

No competitor… - Posted by Dr B (OH)

Posted by Dr B (OH) on September 21, 2003 at 20:24:08:

there. If he irritated you, what do you think he does with customers?

People who have an easygoing style are more likely to build and maintain relationships than me-too, pushy types.

Happy Trail(er)s,
Steve

Re: Nosey competitor - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 22, 2003 at 07:39:31:

Really, Lyal. I have a feeling this person already is farther into the business, than me, and is just nosey.
Interestingly enough my dad called it “Rainy Sunday Afternoon Sydrome”. He said the guy couldn’t be doing anything else so he started nosing around.
Oh well,
Philip

Re: No competitor… - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 22, 2003 at 07:43:20:

He sounded like an auctioneer, he talked so fast. If he would have approached me honestly I would have been nice. I still wouldn’t have let him know sales prices and numbers, which he asked for, but I at least wouldn’t have been irritated.
Thanks,
Philip

I would have hung up asap! NT - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 21, 2003 at 20:28:54:

nt

I’d have asked for a large consulting fee. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA NV on September 21, 2003 at 22:02:00:

Why waste an opportunity to make a buck.

That way you could lead him to believe anything you want and get paid to do it.

:~)

Regards, doc

You would have probably managed it… - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 22, 2003 at 07:45:15:

Doc! Only you would have thought of that idea!
Philip