not for me - Posted by sharron waters

Posted by John C on October 18, 2003 at 08:46:10:

I agree with the scam theory. I ordered the course a year ago, and when I returned it, I got nailed with exhorbitant S&H charges (that are not advertised), though I was not “stalled”. They did try to give me the hard sell. After paying the S&H, I remember thinking it was almost worth it just to keep the course.

not for me - Posted by sharron waters

Posted by sharron waters on September 19, 2003 at 08:36:53:

i tried to cancel my order the morning after i received my package. i was kept on the line 20 minutes by the man i was speaking to as he incisted i continue to view the material because i had a 30 day free trial and still had most of that time left to evaluate the materioa. i had to go to work so i gave up trying to cancel that day. about a week later i tried again and the same thing. i was kept on the line and told i had not given it a fair chance, that it was great and that this person had been with them four years and was using it himself and that he was closing on his first property, etc. and i gave up and hung up. finally i called on sept 16, with only 3 days left and got a returnnumber without any difficulty this time. i went to the bank to cash my paycheck on sept 18 and was told i had a negative balance, and come toi find out it was 9.99 for using this help line for 30 days and a 30 dollar service charge because the 9.99 bounced my account. so i was in the hole 39.99 for this help line that coercerd me out of cancelling this product when all the time i knew i wanted to cancel it because it was not something i could do. i think this is unfair practices, and when i called to ask them about it i was told there was nothing they could do and that they would not return that charge, and if i didn’t have the merchandise in their facility by the 26th of september i would be billed for the whole amount , whether it was mailed befor the 26th or not, and whether they received all the merchandise on the 27th or after or not, which i was not told when i cancelled the merchandise. i am sure that they get a lot og\f their income this way and this is a sneaky way to get money from people for nothing.

Re: not for me - Posted by K MCDONALD

Posted by K MCDONALD on September 19, 2003 at 09:35:26:

then why did you order the course in the first place
if you knew it was something you couldnt do ?

Re: not for me - Posted by sugboy

Posted by sugboy on September 19, 2003 at 11:16:00:

Her ordering it was not the issue. The major issue is that this program trapped her into paying for something that she did not want, which i believe is unfair. That’s why I would never order that garbage. I think it’s all a scam.

You Have Got to Be Kidding Me… - Posted by Steve (Atl)

Posted by Steve (Atl) on September 19, 2003 at 14:34:55:

How did they trap her; she initiated the contact by ordering the course in the first place. If I recall (as I haven’t seen the infomercial in quiet a while) they advertise the product as $9.95 for the thirty day trial and then should you decide to keep the product, you pay the difference. Just wondering, how were you going to pay for the product if you had no money in the first place? Why did you order the product and decide the first day that you had no intention of using the techniques. While the program is basic, it does provide the beginner investor some sound building blocks with which to begin with.

And you Sugboy, why is it a scam? Just curious as to what you thoughts are. Because the course does not come with ready made cash to deposit into your account? Tell me your thoughts. You said that they made her pay for something she did not want; like I said, she ordered it. No it is not for everyone, but that does not make it a scam when it is not for you.

Puhlease…

Re: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me… - Posted by sugboy

Posted by sugboy on September 19, 2003 at 15:03:36:

Maybe my sight is bad but I read free 30 day trial on her post. Doesn’t sound like it was free after all (maybe she didn’t account for shipping charges). THe fact remains that she still was stalled out until the end of her trial. If this is not a scam to get money then what is. Also it doesn’t matter how soon she changed her mind the deal did not say thirty days free if you dont change your mind. Unfortunately this is how most companies operate and it is a shame that the “big boys” get to make up their own rules whiles crushing others. If the tables were turned on you maybe then you would understand.

Re: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me… - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on September 19, 2003 at 17:17:48:

Wow, this is getting deep. I have to agree with Steve here no one hypnotized her into ordering this course. here is my 2 cents though. 1 why order it if you can’t afford it, free trial or not. 2 why order it with no intention of ever using it, this she didn’t explain. If a 10 dollar error sends your bank account into overdraft , then my friend, good luck. C’mon people be sensible we are not here to order magic courses with free money in them. We are here to expand our knowledge base, and I for one believe the CS course to be well worth what you pay for it…

Bri

Re: You Have Got to Be Kidding Me… - Posted by Harley

Posted by Harley on September 19, 2003 at 17:59:48:

These types of calls are handled by independant call centers hired by Carlton Sheets. They are paid by the call, and they get paid more if you don’t cancel, so of course they’re goal is to sell you on the product. Sometimes it’s a pretty hard sell, but in the end you always have the choice to say no. Hanging up is not the way to get anything accomplished.

No means NO - Posted by Jim Locker

Posted by Jim Locker on September 20, 2003 at 08:47:11:

Regardless of the original poster’s reasons for originally purchasing the package, “30 days free” means “30 days free”.

And when she changes her mind - for whatever reason - within that period and says “Take it back, I don’t want it” there is positively NO EXCUSE for the person on the other end of the phone to give her a hard time about it.

Whether she gave it a fair trial or not is totally irrelevant. Whether she should have ordered it or not is totally irrelevant. All that matters is that she is now saying “no I don’t want it and you sold it with a 30 day money back guarantee. Now honor that.”

Failure to honor that is dishonest.