Not sure how to approach this lawyer - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by Corey (ND) on February 19, 2000 at 20:34:16:

I would tell them that they have your card, call you when they are willing to put the house under contract. Other wise you are moving on. You might even make hime a standing low ball offer.

Not sure how to approach this lawyer - Posted by SteveA (FL)

Posted by SteveA (FL) on February 19, 2000 at 20:06:54:

I got a call from an older man on a card I sent out. He said he wanted me to deal with his son, the lawyer, but he liked what I said on my card (garunteed offer). I called the son several times, always getting an answering machine but finally got him on Thursday. He was very stand-offish and knew little about the home other than he grew up there. He thought I was a Realtor wanting to list the house. I’m not sure where to go because the owner said to deal with the son but the son said his dad is “hot and cold” on this and one day he wants to sell and the next day he doesn’t.

Is this worth pursuing? It’s an oceanfront home built in 1937 that needs (my guess from the outside) $15K in repairs, but should probably sell for $200K. I have no idea what he wants for the house and I don’t think either of them do, too. I really think they’re just “fishing.” I wonder if this is a waste of time. I have 3 others I’m pursuing and I don’t want to spend needless effort on this one.

Thanks.

Re: Not sure how to approach this lawyer - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on February 21, 2000 at 10:49:15:

I generally find the safest way to approach a lawyer is with a long pointy stick.

B