Not to be a whiner, but.... - Posted by Randy -IL-

Posted by John (KS) on October 28, 1998 at 16:42:23:

In Kansas, I can sell up to Eight Mh’s before I am classified as a “dealer”, but I don’t think we have all the hassles you are getting. If your state allows you to sell a few without being a dealer, do as many as allowed to get your cash flow moving then get into another form of REI.

Not to be a whiner, but… - Posted by Randy -IL-

Posted by Randy -IL- on October 28, 1998 at 16:11:40:

I just talked to the Illinois Manufactured Housing Assoc.

I asked about the need for all the formalities for MH dealers. ie; the need for a display lot, an office with office hours, etc.
These formalities seem like an unnecessary expense for people who buy, rehab, and sell mobile homes. Especially because the MHs will not be moving out of the park, no traditional retail sales, no need for an office, office hours or employees. Multi-Million dollar real estate brokers don’t even have silly rules like this. Brain surgeons and attorneys don’t have rules like this. It just seems that the powers-that-be (DMV) put up trivial roadblocks (pun) to stop small dealers.

They may be titled through the DMV… but I still have yet to see anyone drive a MH!!

I think I understand the law is that if you want to sell MH in Illinois either go all the way or none at all !!

Thanks everyone for letting me vent my frustrations about this deal. This will be my last post about the matter until I find a way get a license with less hassle.

Thanks again,
Randy

Re: Not to be a whiner, but… - Posted by Karen McCall

Posted by Karen McCall on October 29, 1998 at 13:29:31:

Find out what the minium hours and office sqft you can have and then adapt to it, your only other two alternatives are: be illegal and pay lots of fines, or become an attorney/politian and change the laws.

FYI … - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on October 29, 1998 at 12:05:48:

RE Brokers do have to have an office with certain specifications and do have to maintain office hours and have someone available for information or questions.