Notary for L/O deals - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Brandi_TX on February 06, 2002 at 22:11:30:

We used to give each other flack in the chat room… He apparently has issues with me being from a “podunk Texas town”. LOL

He is always a lot of fun and very generous with his teaching…

If anyone happens to know where “the old man” is… let us know.

Notary for L/O deals - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Phamtastic on February 04, 2002 at 22:20:02:

When we are getting the Lease Purchase Agreement for L/O deals signed, we should also get the Memorandum of Option notarized with the seller.

I know it would be hard to ask the seller to sign all the documents and also go to a notary to get it notarized, all in one day. But, if this takes several steps, wouldn’t it prolong the process of securing the deal and jeopardizing it? What are the best ways to handle this?

Thanks.

Phamtastic

Re: Notary for L/O deals - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on February 04, 2002 at 22:32:45:

Pham,
Your memo of agreement does not need to be signed by the seller, only you, so getting it notarized should be easy.
HTH,
Jim FL

Re: Notary for L/O deals - Posted by James_SC

Posted by James_SC on February 04, 2002 at 23:18:37:

Both seller/optionor and buyer/optionee need to sign
the memorandom and the L/O contract should have the clause about memorandom existence.

Mistaken? - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on February 05, 2002 at 12:47:00:

I believe you are mistaken…

The memorandum is just a paper that is filed to inform the public that there is an agreement pertaining to the property…

That being said… it doesn’t matter who signs it. And the only reason it has to be notarized is so that it can be put on public record.

Happy investing -
Brandi_TX

Re: Un-Ethical ! (NT) - Posted by John(DC)

Posted by John(DC) on February 05, 2002 at 21:14:20:

NT

Anything BUT un-ethical - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on February 05, 2002 at 21:27:18:

My contract states that a memorandum will be filed, so they know it is going to happen and for what purpose. So why would it be unethical to do so?

All the memorandum does is let the public know that there is SOME kind of transaction going on with the property, and how to contact me should they have any questions. It also raises enough of a question to where any lender in their right mind would not loan on the house until they contact me first. It keeps me “in the loop”.

It is possible that you have verbiage in your memorandum that would warrant having both parties sign it… but for me, mine is fine with one signature and anything but un-ethical. (Ask the old timers on the board that may remember me and my issues with being “unethical” - LOL)

So, please clarify… why you think it would be unethical to file this with only one signature, when the other party already knows the scoop.

Welcome Back - Posted by ScottS

Posted by ScottS on February 06, 2002 at 11:34:54:

Brandi,

It’s great to see you around. Please stick around but fasten your seatbelt because the stuff is wacko around here these days. Even more then some of the “old timer” chats we used to have.

ScottS

Welcome Back - THANKS! - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on February 06, 2002 at 12:19:46:

I hope you don’t mean “wacko” as in negative - like all the negative stuff that encouraged me stop posting to begin with. It got kinda ugly around here.

I scanned the names on the board… looks like only the good ones are left… but where is Piper?

Brandi_TX

Yes where is PIPER - Posted by investorrob

Posted by investorrob on February 06, 2002 at 21:55:54:

Brandi

Didn’t you and Piper always tease each other on the chat line. I havn’t seen a post from him in a long time.