Note/Paper Conferences - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by John Behle on March 31, 1999 at 13:16:34:

Great thinking.

I always look at competition that way. Find a way to “Re-position” yourself, company and services to make MORE money off the efforts of the competition.

Whether they have 3 days experience or 3 decades, there is always a way to do it. Creativity, knowledge and mindset are the key.

Note/Paper Conferences - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on March 29, 1999 at 01:04:39:

Based on a referral at the CREO Convention, I checked out 2 different sites: papersourceonline.com and noteworthyusa.com. Apparently, each sponsors an annual convention. Noteworthy overlapped with CREO this past year.

I’ve heard a couple of good comments on both of the conventions. Does anyone have any other information or commentary on the Paper Source and Noteworthy conventions?

They seem to take a similar approach as CREO except that they specialize in notes/paper. Relatively inexpensive conference with opportunities for networking and purchasing courses.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

Re: Note/Paper Conferences - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 30, 1999 at 09:28:31:

Ditto to what Bud said. They are both excellent conventions with a great deal of education available. The level of education is fairly basic and VERY geared towards brokering notes and other cash flows.

They are worthwhile in both the education and the contacts and resources you will gather.

Re: Note/Paper Conferences - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 29, 1999 at 12:18:14:

They are both similar in that they concentrate on brokering notes. The Papersource is usually held in the fall in Washington DC. There are courses that are creative but the slant is usually on brokering.

Re: Note/Paper Conferences - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on March 31, 1999 at 01:44:23:

So it might be worth going to these events just to find some “employees?”

Reif