NOVA REI - Posted by Joshua

Posted by LK on April 12, 2006 at 22:00:42:

Land development usually requires more capital (or cash). You have the land cost which is usually only financed by conventional banks at 60-70% LTV, the development costs, and longer hold time, but large profits when done right.

NOVA REI - Posted by Joshua

Posted by Joshua on April 11, 2006 at 14:15:59:

I am new to investing and have not even attempted to begin a deal. My question is really about land development. Do real estate investors invest in land for development or am I wasting my time reading this site. I have learned alot from the postings and stories but I have more of an interest in land development. It appears as if land in Loudoun county is being bought up in large quantities for housing developments. Is anyone working on these land deals and if so, are they involved in the development and sales of the housing? Thanks.
P.S. This is a second post of this. Not sure if anyone read it being as it was posted on a Saturday night. Thank you Killer Joe for responding, but it did not answer my question. Is anyone, anywhere on this site involved in land development? How does REI and Land Development/LD investing go hand in hand, if at all?
Thankyou!