Now, here we go!!!! - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by john on February 02, 2000 at 22:05:32:

have you tried pouring on baking soda and leave a few boxes open to remove the odor???

good luck,
john
p.s.also try a search on the internet for remedies!

Now, here we go!!! - Posted by Ed Ortiz

Posted by Ed Ortiz on February 02, 2000 at 21:52:47:

Today I bought my first M.H. A 1985 2/1 in pretty good condition. Paid $1,500 to the bank that repossesed it and 950 for moving to a different park with $120 lot rent(comparables rent for $425 and sell for 9k). Some outside paint and it will be ready (about two weeks).Thanks to “deals on wheels” Lonnie Scruggs, and all of those that recommended it. Also, the other day i saw a post on cat urine smell and didn’t pay much attention to it. Now try guessing what other little problem cme with the home??? Suggestions please…

Thanks again,
Ed Ortiz

Re: Now, here we go!!! - Posted by bob hanson

Posted by bob hanson on February 03, 2000 at 22:11:34:

Ed,
Jim hit the nail on the head, rip it, if it’s real bad a diluted pine or lemon scented bleach solutioncan be applied, let it air out for a day or two and KILZ it, then try Del’s suggestion, ODOBAN from Sam’s club works well after the KILZ seals it. Good Luck to you.
Bob Hanson in Hyde Park, NY

Re: Now, here we go!!! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 03, 2000 at 13:52:27:

Ed,
Does the MH have carpeting in it?
If it does, the odor is in that, the padding and possibly the wood flooring under that.
the best way to get rid of the smell is to remove the carpet and padding, paint the floor boards with KILZ (the oil based one) and then recarpet the place.
If there are base boards, you may want to replace that as well.
When a cat sprays, they usually do it on the floor next to the wall, which gets the urine in the wood base boards, and tack strips.
They hold the odor, and the only way to get rid of that totally is to replace that wood.
Since it is a MH, there cannot be that many yards of carpet needed, so the cost should not be much.

Hope that helps,
Jim IL

P.S. Trust me on this, I have 6 cats, and have done this in my own home a couple of times. Good thing I love my critters, and could afford to clean up after them. Õ¿Õ

Odorxit Works great. - Posted by Jeff S

Posted by Jeff S on February 03, 2000 at 07:29:21:

Goto www.Odorxit.com I use it, it works on all smells. And they don’t come back. Good Luck!

Odorban is THE Stuff! - Posted by Del

Posted by Del on February 02, 2000 at 23:54:24:

you can find it at sams club or at (912)922-5340