NUMBERS PLEASE - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on January 31, 2001 at 06:29:01:

Yes, you’re right it was an agent. As a matter of fact it was my instructor i had in my real estate salesman course. If your wondering why i’m choosing investing over sales… ummmm… half of 7% commission just osnt enough. Thank you for the truth. By the way, i’m in the Syracuse area. Maybe you’ll here oof me when i get this cow moooooving.

NUMBERS PLEASE - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on January 30, 2001 at 09:15:12:

Can anyone make me some sort of out line of expenses they acquired while waiting to close on a quick flip. I’m a newbie but have been reading this site for quite sometime. I’ve found tons of info and motivation. My problem is, I can’t afford to purchase these courses or seminars. I need help on finding invetors in my small, conservative, boring town. Trust me, the homes are here (really here), i just need to find some serious investers. One more thing, lots of real estate brokers are telling me that flipping in NY is illegal. Any truth to that???

Uh, oh… - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on January 30, 2001 at 21:28:43:

Guess the sheriff should be showing up at my door any time now, to haul me in for those illegal flips :slight_smile:

Seriously…would you go to your veterinarian for advice on how to repair your car? Didn’t think so. So why go to a RE broker for advice on creative real estate investing? Ninety-nine percent of brokers and agents don’t know the first thing about creative deals. If you want advice about creative investing, come here and ask an investor!

Some of these “small, conservative, boring towns” (like mine) don’t have many investors. That’s fine with me…less competition and I don’t have to work as hard. But a lot of them operate quietly. Ask around…local attorneys and RE agents might be able to name some names for you.

As for expenses on a flip, it all depends on how you set up the deal. Obviously, there are too many possibilities to list them all here, but it’s certainly possible to do a flip with no money out of pocket…at least, not out of YOUR pocket.

Brian (NY)

Re: NUMBERS PLEASE - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on January 30, 2001 at 12:23:01:

Greg,
Where abouts in NY are you located? As far as the flipping being illegal, who told you that? Let me guess… an agent? Ask who ever it was that said its illegal to point you to the exact law where it states its illegal… then watch’em squirm! If your in the Dutchess County area let me know, a bunch of investors and myself just started an investment club. Good Luck!

CurtNY