NY Times: 'Flip This House' Star Accused of Fraud - Posted by Sadi

Re: NY Times: ‘Flip This House’ Star Accused…aud - Posted by David C. Cooper

Posted by David C. Cooper on June 01, 2007 at 15:56:49:

In most of the episodes, they don’t show you all of the days when nothing is getting done. They only show (and count) actual work days. So, it looks like the job took 4 weeks but they start in September and finish in December.

The new show “Property Ladder” seems more realistic. I’ve seen more than one episode where the people on that show actually lose their shirts. The episodes that actually show a profit at least mention that its the “net profit before fees and taxes.” So, you can figure the investors still have to pay another 10% out of their profit.

Anyway, I like these shows as a source for how NOT to flip properties. There are a lot of good lessons in there about what NOT to do.

Except, maybe “The Real Deal.”

If you can’t tell, I’m pretty impressed with Trademark.

><

So, for us women… - Posted by michaela-CA

Posted by michaela-CA on June 05, 2007 at 10:08:23:

it’s good to wear a mini skirt and look hot , when negotiating with a man, as they tend to ‘think’ a little
different :wink:
You proved the point - lol

Michaela

Re: Real Deal… - Posted by lukeNC

Posted by lukeNC on June 05, 2007 at 09:51:35:

and on that same thread, Potash determined that he had the wrong montelongo’s filing bk…not the same guys…
some of the properties where still on the market though.

Re: NY Times: ‘Flip This House’ Star Accused…aud - Posted by RR

Posted by RR on June 01, 2007 at 16:23:08:

I wish I had access to every state’s MLS system- it would be very interesting to see if these houses are really sold on the show and for the amount they disclose on the show. In the real world of real estate not too many people walk into an open house ready, willing, and able to buy a house. A lot of homebuyers start looking before they even know what they can afford. In my market probably like 1% of houses actually sell as a result of an open house. (it might be higher than that but I just used it to make my point)