O.K. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS LTR TO MH DEALERS? - Posted by Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC)

Posted by Greg on February 25, 1999 at 20:11:51:

I like it. It should work. Keep us posted on your results.

O.K. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS LTR TO MH DEALERS? - Posted by Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC)

Posted by Rev. Jimmy Mack (NC) on February 25, 1999 at 12:24:18:

February 25, 1999

Mr. Owner
xxx Mobile Home Dealer
123 Fourth St.
Anywhere, USA

Dear Mr. Owner:

I am interested in buying used mobile homes FOR CASH that are between ten and twenty years old, even if they need a little fix-up.

I want you to know that I am not a competitor of yours, but rather I am someone who can take some of your used homes off your hands. I am sure this will prove to be of benefit to both of us - a WIN/WIN proposition.

Also, if you find someone wanting to buy one of your older homes, and they need financing, I may be willing to finance it for them.

Sincerely,

(Mrs.) R. Janet Mack

I will deeply appreciate your comments!

Re: O.K. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS LTR TO MH DEALERS? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on February 27, 1999 at 12:36:58:

I agree with Scott on this last line.

Also, if you find someone wanting to buy one of your older homes, and they need financing, I may be willing to finance it for them.

What they will want to do is you supply the 10k and
carry it at 9% while they charge 12% on your money.

That would cut into your deal buying money that is going to yield you 80,90,100% plus.

David Alexander

Re: O.K. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS LTR TO MH DEALERS? - Posted by Scott (OR)

Posted by Scott (OR) on February 27, 1999 at 24:58:26:

Hi Rev-
I like your letter. However, the advice that was given to you in yourlast posting about not including the financing part should be used as well. Also, I think sending the letters may be somewhat effective, but going down to the dealers personally is the ticket. Letters often get tossed and one-on-one contact will be a lot more effective. Let me know how it works out.
Scott

Also might consider… - Posted by Susan (TX)

Posted by Susan (TX) on February 26, 1999 at 07:21:00:

Sending a version of it to MH park owners in your area.