OBSESSED - Posted by Laure

Posted by Brandi_TX on March 28, 1999 at 13:42:03:

OBSESSED - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 28, 1999 at 08:01:53:

In the book “Think and Grow Rich”, Napoleon Hill talks about achieving an “obsession” with your goals ie. to be rich

Ok, I’m obsessed ! I’m obsessed already ! SHOW ME THE MONEY ! LOL

Honey is wanting me to slow down on buying houses to catch our breath. Thursday, he said, “ok, no more houses now!”
I said “ok”, but my fingers were crossed behind my back.

:slight_smile:

Laure

Re: OBSESSED - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 28, 1999 at 10:08:06:

Why did your ever lovin’ ask you to slow down?

We went thru a period like that last year when I was closing on proeprty that needed work faster than he could get them in shape, and we had not done our deals in such a way as to ‘afford’ to hire out.

I did have to back off (lost momentum hard to recover), but on our held properties, everything is in order and we are dealing again.

so what’s HIS problem? lol
Carol

Re: OBSESSED - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 28, 1999 at 11:20:41:

well… I got so excited with how the rehabs look that when rentals come open I over-improved a few, like 2 at once last month. Dumped about 18k into two in a row ! So I screwed up the cash, basically. And one of them I L/O out instead of selling it outright.

I am funding a rehab for an employee for an equity share in her house. My IRA wrote her original mortgage, and our plans were to rehab then flip… but now she wants the house for herself, so the 2nd mortgage is for 2 years, with my profit built into it.
So, the cash reserves are dwindling. I need to sell one ! LOL PLUS tax time is here. Oh Joy ! Oh, almost forgot the messed up deal last week, where my banker is quitting his job and couldn’t fund a house we were to close on Friday. You know, the one I would have gone to jail for… the one I L/O out on Thursday ! and then didn’t close on Friday !!! We are supposed to Close with new bank on MOnday… I’ll let you know how it goes ! hehehe But as of 5pm Friday, the deal was a GO ! So next time, I won’t worry about one month’s extra holding costs… after all, it’s better than jail time ! LOL

He is not used to my pace, still being a newlywed and all. Although he is getting used to me being an insomniac. Now he just asks me how I slept, then says “better luck tonight”.

Ok, that’s it…

I still don’t want to slow down ! hehehe

Laure :slight_smile: